Grenfell Tower effigy burning

The people who built the tower weren't prosecuted, I can't see how this is actually worse...

It's incredibly bad taste and hopefully they'll be shunned by friends and family to make it clear, but criminal, I don't think it reaches that standard myself.

Being an *ss is not a crime.

On the radio it said for a Public Order offence - not sure which.

Indecency?

A public order offence that took place in private. It's the media that's made it public.

It was clearly in very very bad taste, but I'm sure the police could be more productive with their time.

Piers Morgan wants to know who they are so he can name and shame them on TV. What happens if they need protection once the public know who they are. Will that mean extra work for the police?

I think the police have got enough on at the moment with all of the stabbings and Murders in London.

I agree that it's sick and offensive, but what crime can they be prosecuted for?

I was thinking same.

It's totally sick and insensitive, but advertising to the whole world what a complete moron you are seems suitable punishment to me. I imagine some people who would do this kind of thing may even get some kind of sick gratification from being charged. I'd just leave them to their moronic insignificance and let the court of public opinion judge them.

I think the colouring in of the faces says it all, and I hope they get hammered for it.

EDIT - I've just read the article and I thought it might have been kids, or students - they aren't immune to bad taste , but no there were 3 of them in their 40s and one aged 55.

I have not read the detail, what is important is how it was posted and shared, on facebook.

Some people do have a dark sense of humour and can be deeply racist, but if it wasn't for facebook, no one would be offended.

While such an act is crass, insensitive, stupid & no doubt deeply offensive to those who were involved in the Grenfell fire or lost loved ones, isn't the police involvement in such a matter exactly what Snr Police Officer, Sarah Thornton, backed up by the Met chief, Cressida Dick, said the police shouldn't be wasting their resources on?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/met-police-chief-cressida-dick-backs-top-cop-sara-thornton-on-tackling-burglars-and-violence-not-a3978526.html

I have not read the detail, what is important is how it was posted and shared, on facebook.

Some people do have a dark sense of humour and can be deeply racist, but if it wasn't for facebook, no one would be offended.

Well, not just Facebook but I take your point. 25 years ago it would just be 5 idiots being idiots.

I was thinking same.

It's totally sick and insensitive, but advertising to the whole world what a complete moron you are seems suitable punishment to me. I imagine some people who would do this kind of thing may even get some kind of sick gratification from being charged. I'd just leave them to their moronic insignificance and let the court of public opinion judge them.

Why does your binary code say Bonsoir Elliott??

---------- Post added 06-11-2018 at 13:16 ----------

Some memebers of the public are beyond help! these chaps definitely skipped the brain/empathy queue...