Grenfell Tower effigy burning

The apologists for that outrage will emerge- as cockroaches do from beneath the floorboards and out of the walls.

It confirms my belief, that a tear in the fabric of spacetime has occurred; and these creatures from hell have come to live amongst us-masquerading as human beings.

It may have been in bad taste , probably shouldnt have done it , but a prank in bad taste hardly warrants the plod getting involved.

It does if by posting it on the internet they have broken the law. The police then have no choice but to investigate.

People seem to forget that they turned themselves in so it's not as though the Met have spent a vast amount of resources on it.

It does if by posting it on the internet they have broken the law. The police then have no choice but to investigate.

People seem to forget that they turned themselves in so it's not as though the Met have spent a vast amount of resources on it.

OMG i totally agree with you it was a disgrace, i can not understand these peoples mind set.

BUT HEY, there are white , brown and black figures on the tower effigy but it's still sick sick sick. Would you find it so acceptable if one of your family had burnt alive in this fire or better still if you yourself had actually been fighting for your own life in this horrendous fire? Think about it.

And where did I say it was acceptable? I just said I don't see it being a crime.

The people who built the tower weren't prosecuted, I can't see how this is actually worse...

It's incredibly bad taste and hopefully they'll be shunned by friends and family to make it clear, but criminal, I don't think it reaches that standard myself.

Being an *ss is not a crime.

That's about where I stand, been a complete moron and devoid of brain isn't a crime, the Law cannot charge someone for been an idiot and brainless, can it.

Angel1.

It would surely be considered a hate crime which has stiff penalties over here, I thought it was the same in the UK too.

That or public order offence are the only options that have been suggested.

But I can't see how it will fit the description for either crime.

Offending and outraging people is not a crime, yet.

That or public order offence are the only options that have been suggested.

But I can't see how it will fit the description for either crime.

Offending and outraging people is not a crime, yet.

As I see it, making and burning the model, or even recording it for private consumption, are unlikely to be a crime. Very bad taste, but not a crime.

Posting the recording and so making it public might be, though.

I don’t know for a fact, it’s just my opinion.

It would be ironic, though, if those posting it with a sense of outrage were the guilty ones.