No Armistice display in Sheffield again?

no they havent, they have never made a big display they have always left it to the public and individual depts to do anything the council have never done a large display of remembrance due to their stance on conflict, its political obviously.

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 09:12 ----------

lets hope hes a bit more respectful than usual then.

Going back to your original post, what has Chesterfield council done, other than allowing some woolly poppies to be hung, that Sheffield council hasn't?

Have you done an FOI request to both councils to determine how much they have both spent on Remembrance displays or are you just basing your rant on some woolly poppies?

Having recently moved to Chesterfield it makes a refreshing change to see all the displays of remembrance all over the area.

From a beautiful poppy display at the town hall steps to lamposts adorned with red poppies, union jacks and lest we forget flags all over the area including Dronfield and the peak district.

its a pity Sheffield council couldn't for once respect and remember the dead for once.

https://www.chesterfield.co.uk/events/chesterfield-town-hall-poppy-cascade

It's not a competition to show who's done what. Just head out Sunday morning - there's parades and ceremonies all over the city. I'm off to the cenotaph at the City Hall. It's very relevant, appropriate and moving.

Guest makapaka
no they havent, they have never made a big display they have always left it to the public and individual depts to do anything the council have never done a large display of remembrance due to their stance on conflict, its political obviously.

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 09:12 ----------

lets hope hes a bit more respectful than usual then.

What is the current council's stance on conflict?

It's not a competition to show who's done what. Just head out Sunday morning - there's parades and ceremonies all over the city. I'm off to the cenotaph at the City Hall. It's very relevant, appropriate and moving.

no its not a competition but its a poor show that the council itself doesn't make a point of honouring the fallen with a display at the centre of Sheffield at the town hall? lets see which council leaders turn up in barkers pool sunday?

no its not a competition but its a poor show that the council itself doesn't make a point of honouring the fallen with a display at the centre of Sheffield at the town hall? lets see which council leaders turn up in barkers pool sunday?

there is a display in the town hall

I think it's a poor show that Chesterfield council only saw fit to supply some bent nails for others to hang woolly poppies.

there is a display in the town hall

inside? is there? not outside then to show respect??

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 16:37 ----------

I think it's a poor show that Chesterfield council only saw fit to supply some bent nails for others to hang woolly poppies.

ha ha Hardly nails to hang them on, a well thought out display and well worth a visit if you could be bothered.

Guest busdriver1

To be fair I always wonder about the true motivation for some of these displays.

I will pay my respects as I always do and personally don't need a council to help me do it.