Egypt considers Burqa ban

I see it as a Man made problem, if God exists and wanted us to be modest, surely we'd be born covered like our close ape like relatives, instead of butt naked.

We weren’t born wearing clothes either but we still wear them don’t we?

Nuns wear burqas? Since when? They've not even worn habits for forty years at least. I went to a convent prep school, the nuns wore black dresses or a business suit, with a short veil on a band over their heads.

I think some of you are living in the past, tbh.

Yes they have. Many still do.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 06:50 ----------

I never cease to be amazed by the desperate straw clutching when people try to defend the indefensible.

Hang on a minute there - we're on page 2 and no-one has yet presented anything remotely approaching a reason why women shouldn't be allowed to wear them.

Why do you say they shouldn't?

We weren’t born wearing clothes either but we still wear them don’t we?

Correct, but other than in cold climates it's just signalling that we belong to a particular social or religious and political group, clothes set us apart from one another for conflict, be it s simple as a football club/fan or on a field of battle, to dress is divisive look at the naked rambler and the times he's been arrested not for his wellbeing, but because he isn't one of the many clothed tribes.

It's like atheism those of faith will tolerate each other to a degree by forming multi faith groups, but others are deemed to be lost only to be welcomed if and only when they see the light, even if it's not the correct specified Wattage.

I am not very good on overseas events, but I assume Egypt is a follower of the Muslim Faith, if so I see no reason for them banning of the garment.

If the post was about the UK, a predominatly Christian Country, my view would be very different. Sorry to say.

Angel1.

Because Christianity has a lot to say about how the law should dictate how women should be allowed to dress...

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 07:37 ----------

good point but is it always by choice anyway

It definitely isn't if it's banned is it.

An attempt to increase freedom of choice by taking away freedom of choice. That doesn't work.

Yes they have. Many still do.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 06:50 ----------

Hang on a minute there - we're on page 2 and no-one has yet presented anything remotely approaching a reason why women shouldn't be allowed to wear them.

Why do you say they shouldn't?

Your own words on walk on models:

"It uses women as nothing more than objects to 'look pretty/sexy'."

In similar way, burka makes women nothing more than objects to look "modest".

Your own words on walk on models:

"It uses women as nothing more than objects to 'look pretty/sexy'."

In similar way, burka makes women nothing more than objects to look "modest".

Complete logic fail Branyy.

Why do you think women shouldn't be allowed to wear the burqa?

No-one's yet managed to answer that question, perhaps you could buck the trend?

There are times when face coverings can make communication difficult. As someone with a hearing problem I pick up a lot by facial expression. So far I haven't come across a professional woman wearing one, but I can imagine a teacher, doctor, nurse or anyone in a customer facing role having issues with being understood. If the person has no need to interact then I see no problems, as long as its the choice of the wearer.

security for one? also you cannot communicate properly with someone whose face you cannot see, you cannot even know if the person under the veil is actually the person who its supposed to be.

wear it where its a normal every day cultural traditional occurrence fine but not where its not acceptable to the majority. simple you see:roll:

security for one? also you cannot communicate properly with someone whose face you cannot see, you cannot even know if the person under the veil is actually the person who its supposed to be.

wear it where its a normal every day cultural traditional occurrence fine but not where its not acceptable to the majority. simple you see:roll:

Security? What threat are you suggesting burqa wearing women pose to society?