Would you like to get in contact with your ex husband /Wife/Partner

desy

They say that time heals wounds but. Would you like to get in contact with your ex husband /Wife/Partner. (To talk civilised) after all that time. Or do you still talk and have contact.

mine, too, angee...

I have said that I want it written into my will, that my dying wish is that he be permitted to dance on my grave.....

you see, I plan to be buried at sea......

:hihi: :hihi:

(Its' funny, cos, my ex Husband, I get on with him, absolutely fine! My ex partner, however... I wish him nothing but six feet of earth)

PT

They say that time heals wounds but. Would you like to get in contact with your ex husband /Wife/Partner. (To talk civilised) after all that time. Or do you still talk and have contact.

Not a good question for older folk, but I did get in contact with my first wife some 50-plus years after we divorced. We did talk civilly to each other after that long period apart, and I did enjoy seeing her and knowing that time is a good healing process for old wounds. Alas, she died recently — but the face I remember is not that of the elderly lady she became, but that of the lovely young girl I married all that long time ago. God bless you, Irene.

Not a good question for older folk, but I did get in contact with my first wife some 50-plus years after we divorced. We did talk civilly to each other after that long period apart, and I did enjoy seeing her and knowing that time is a good healing process for old wounds. Alas, she died recently — but the face I remember is not that of the elderly lady she became, but that of the lovely young girl I married all that long time ago. God bless you, Irene.

peterw, how nice to see (and no critiscism implied to previous posters - I have a rather sad and disaffected relationship with my ex-partner) a member of the older generation expressing such a magnanimous and forgiving view. I hope I can be as generous and kind as you with the passage of time.

For some reason I thought divorce might run in our family after the divorces of my parents, sister & brother, so I was always a bit wary.

I prayed for a nice girl & got an angel, after 41 years we are still together and enjoying life & each others company.

I find forgiveness very hard, so don't think I would be able to trust anyone anymore if we had parted for whatever reason.

Archived