Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

Well brought up kids, low crime rate - Saudi sounds like a paradise on earth!

Some slight chance of being abducted and murdered by secret police if you criticise the regime in any way... Basic civil liberties don't really exist, particularly for women.

But otherwise, yeah, it's great!

Whilst on the run from police and SYP making an online request for information, the Bower brothers posted a photo mocking the police- smiling with their middle fingers up and a 'F' Da Police banner across the photo.

I wish I could find the link to the photo/posts.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-brothers-wanted-for-attempted-murder-and-serious-assault-taunt-police-on-facebook-1-9416296

UPDATE - Two men will appear in court today charged in connection to a collision in Darnall, in which four people were killed.

Elliott Bower, 18, of Harborough Avenue, the driver of the vehicle involved in the collision, has been charged with four counts of causing death by dangerous driving and three counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He is also charged with handling stolen goods and possession of cannabis.

Declan Bower, 23, of Harborough Avenue, has been charged with aggravated vehicle taking and death caused by an accident with aggravated factors. He is also charged with handing stolen goods, two counts of driving while disqualified, two counts of driving without insurance, possession of a bladed article and possession of cannabis.

seems like my previous comments on these 2 wastes of lifes has been deleted, its a shame its the innocents that usually die or are hurt, hopefully these two get put away for a long time or at least long enough to feel some real justice in the prison system:rant:

Posts have been removed for broken/incorrect post tags. It is important to use quote tags correctly to attribute the right quote to the forum user. In future, use the preview post before replying to make sure that quote are correct.

seems like my previous comments on these 2 wastes of lifes has been deleted, its a shame its the innocents that usually die or are hurt, hopefully these two get put away for a long time or at least long enough to feel some real justice in the prison system:rant:
.........unfortunately they will be back on the streets again after a few years with more street cred,having learned nothing about good behaviour, but plenty more about bad behaviour whilst on holiday at our expense!

Posts have been removed for broken/incorrect post tags. It is important to use quote tags correctly to attribute the right quote to the forum user. In future, use the preview post before replying to make sure that quote are correct.

Hi, I notice there are still broken/incorrect tags, but only my posts were removed...

My comments were following on from Kidley's post where he/she wondered about why Saudi Arabia has a low crime rate.

I asked whether he/she thought it was due to the implementation of Sharia Law, and provided a point that other countries with Sharia Law have high crime rates. Bendxxx (can't remember spelling) also raised the point that it is due to family upbringing (although the role of the family in Asian countries is also dominant, yet they have relatively high rates of incarceration). I also suggested and provided links to sources that speak about the Saudi approach with terrorism and also spoke about higher crime rates in Saudi Arabia which has been attributed to socio-economic causes.

Hope this clarifies.

Or if you get it wrong, use the edit function to fix it!

Sharia law is off topic though and while the injured are still in hospital maybe we should restrict ourselves.

Hi Stranza,

I agree, it is a bit off topic. But the issue of Saudi Arabia was raised following the posts about what should be done with the alleged perpetrators of the crime. I'm not actually sure if Sharia Law is even part of the conversation, that's what I was asking.