Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

It's perfectly possible that someone agreed to be a passenger in a car with no fore-knowledge that the driver was likely to speed and kill people. Whether that happened in this particular case is for the prosecution and and defence to argue over. What we shouldn't be doing on this forum is pre-judging the result based on knowing very few of the facts.

And obviously they missed all the posts from the police the Sheffield Star and various other people on Facebook and twitter etc saying they were wanted criminals.

They were wanted. Here is the article

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/brothers-charged-over-sheffield-horror-crash-that-killed-four-appear-at-court-1-9440515

What more information do you need?

I don't know whether all the passengers in the car knew in advance that the driver was wanted by the police. I don't know whether all the passengers knew that the driver was likely to drive dangerously. It may well turn out that they did. Or perhaps they didn't. I don't believe in prejudging things.

The "they're obviously guilty" mentality is what led to the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four miscarriages. Heck, they had explosive residues on their fingertips! They were Irish! What more proof do you need? Let's just beat them up in their cells until they confess.

I don't know whether all the passengers in the car knew in advance that the driver was wanted by the police. I don't know whether all the passengers knew that the driver was likely to drive dangerously. It may well turn out that they did. Or perhaps they didn't. I don't believe in prejudging things.

The "they're obviously guilty" mentality is what led to the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four miscarriages. Heck, they had explosive residues on their fingertips! They were Irish! What more proof do you need? Let's just beat them up in their cells until they confess.

Your right of course. They could be fine upstanding pillars of the community working a decent job bringing up their families. Hapily trundling into the car carefully following the speed limit and highway code and it was all a freak accident.

Your right of course. They could be fine upstanding pillars of the community working a decent job bringing up their families. Hapily trundling into the car carefully following the speed limit and highway code and it was all a freak accident.

Or there could of course be a middle ground.

Also, remember, we are discussing here whether the passengers are jointly liable for the reckless actions of the driver. Whether the passengers knew about the highway code is neither here nor there.

It may well be the case that the passengers are all unpleasant scrotes who deserve to be locked up for various crimes they have committed in recent years - but who nevertheless don't deserve to prosecuted for the actions of the driver. Again, a jury, presented with the facts, will make this determination.

Or there could of course be a middle ground.

Also, remember, we are discussing here whether the passengers are jointly liable for the reckless actions of the driver. Whether the passengers knew about the highway code is neither here nor there.

It may well be the case that the passengers are all unpleasant scrotes who deserve to be locked up for various crimes they have committed in recent years - but who nevertheless don't deserve to prosecuted for the actions of the driver. Again, a jury, presented with the facts, will make this determination.

of course they are all jointly liable, they are all of the same ilk, will all have known the car was stolen and probably goaded the driver into carrying on through normal traffic with the disastrous consequences.