Second referendum time? SF Poll

Message added by Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Remaining in The European Union, despite having narrowly but clearly chosen to leave, will have serious consequences.

Leaving without a deal will have serious consequences too.

That's why the only option is another referendum, I said this months ago. It is the only true democratic way out of this turd.

Its coming you wait and see.

Yeah - I can't wait.

a) leave wins again. May gets replace by a true blue brexit stone bonker Tory until  2020.
b) remain wins and. The government implodes, with 100 days to go. A general election in January where neither party will campaign to remain...

It's going to be very edifying.

4 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Like? Scaremongering are we?

No. Wind your neck in.

10 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

That's why the only option is another referendum, I said this months ago. It is the only true democratic way out of this turd.

I don't necessarily doubt that it is, but I'm saying it's insanity upon insanity. Sometimes the best thing to do with a wound is stop picking at it. This is one of those times.

Edited by Phanerothyme

9 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

So if the next referendum  is the other way 52% remain and 48 % leave do we have another referendum,  the best of three? That's  why no deal has got to be included in the next referendum  if  we can afford the cost and the time.

52 minutes ago, apelike said:

No chance. Having 3 choices seriously complicates the matter and that is why referendums are binary choices. If you have 3 then what happens if two of the choices are tied or for that matter if all 3 are equal. What that means is the whole process would have to go to a re-run or be abandoned which then solves nothing at all.

The only way to run a three way would be to have a runoff by transferable vote - so you vote your preferences, 1,2,3, instead of X in the box.

e.g

No Deal [3]
The Withdrawal Agreement[1]

Remain[2]

18 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

No Deal [3]
The Withdrawal Agreement[1]

Remain[2]

Remain would still win given those choices.

The leave vote would be split between the two leave choices and even if Remain got the most votes but not an overall majority, May's deal would come second with No deal a distant third. I suspect that the majority of No deal supporters would not put either of the other options as # 2 or # 3 so in a run off between Remain and Mays's deal, Remain would still win.

28 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

So if the next referendum  is the other way 52% remain and 48 % leave do we have another referendum,  the best of three? That's  why no deal has got to be included in the next referendum  if  we can afford the cost and the time.

Technically that would have already been the best of three. ;) Your're gonna get Mrs May's deal, or stay in mate. Any troll voting options won't be in there, that's what got us into this mess in the first place. If you haven't noticed in present democratic times, troll voting seems to be the norm, but in situations like this it doesn't need to be that way.  

There will be no second referendum. We all know that. No matter what percentage or turn out TCH keeps banging on about, that's not an issue. The leave vote won.  It's just pure and simple sour grapes. It's so funny to see the remainers wallowing about in their jar of vinegar, but democracy must prevail and if they don't or won't accept this then they're living in the realms of stupidity. We can all say this till we are blue in the face, but again....if there is another referendum, which there won't be, and the leave camp TRIUMPHED again, then you can bet your bottom dollar that the remain camp would start all this crap again. Pathetic at best, childish at heart.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Remain would still win given those choices.

The leave vote would be split between the two leave choices and even if Remain got the most votes but not an overall majority, May's deal would come second with No deal a distant third. I suspect that the majority of No deal supporters would not put either of the other options as # 2 or # 3 so in a run off between Remain and Mays's deal, Remain would still win.

Can you then give a good reason why the Leave campaign shouldn't lobby for a third referendum?

2 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

There will be no second referendum. ........

.........................if there is another referendum, which there won't be, and the leave camp TRIUMPHED again, then you can bet your bottom dollar that the remain camp would start all this crap again. Pathetic at best, childish at heart.

The smell of desperation is very strong! 😜