Second referendum time? SF Poll

Message added by Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

and your happy with that ? how many letters have you sent to the governments of these countries asking why they not looking after  these people ? 

None. I couldn't care less.

Most Syrian, Iraqi and Iranian refugees are highly educated, speak excellent English and add something to the UK rather than take something away. 

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

None. I couldn't care less.

Most Syrian, Iraqi and Iranian refugees are highly educated, speak excellent English and add something to the UK rather than take something away. 

you couldnt care less that we should take in anybody jumping on a boat risking their lifes to get here when they are in a nice country and could easily be looked after there ?remind me again why the french should shirk their responsibilty?

1 minute ago, ricgem2002 said:

you couldnt care less that we should take in anybody jumping on a boat risking their lifes to get here when they are in a nice country and could easily be looked after there ?remind me again why the french should shirk their responsibilty?

No, I'd much rather we took our fair share of refugees so they wouldn't have to risk their lives crossing the Channel, especially at this time of year.

Many people want to come to the UK because they have a good command of written and spoken English which makes it a lot easier to integrate. Did you know that asylum seeker's children perform better on average than English children in UK schools despite English being their second language?

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, I'd much rather we took our fair share of refugees so they wouldn't have to risk their lives crossing the Channel, especially at this time of year.

Many people want to come to the UK because they have a good command of written and spoken English which makes it a lot easier to integrate. Did you know that asylum seeker's children perform better on average than English children in UK schools despite English being their second language?

answer the question 

53 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

and your happy with that ? how many letters have you sent to the governments of these countries asking why they not looking after  these people ? 

You do realise that most EU countries have taken far greater numbers of refugees / asylum seekers than the UK?  The numbers reaching Calais etc are a tiny fraction, although to read some posts on SF (and the right wing press) you'd think they were all headed for the UK.

29 minutes ago, Longcol said:

You do realise that most EU countries have taken far greater numbers of refugees / asylum seekers than the UK?  The numbers reaching Calais etc are a tiny fraction, although to read some posts on SF (and the right wing press) you'd think they were all headed for the UK.

Don't start telling them fact's for Christ's sake, they cant deal with it.  

2 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Don't start telling them fact's for Christ's sake, they cant deal with it.  

Sorry.

Shall we try - "it's a well known fact that all illegals want to come to Sheffield because they get a free house, car, colour TV and £1,000 per week for each kid according to this bloke in the tap room of the local".

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Shall we try - "it's a well known fact that all illegals want to come to Sheffield because they get a free house, car, colour TV and £1,000 per week for each kid according to this bloke in the tap room of the local".

That reminds me of a Sunday politics type of programme after the Bradford riots in 2001.

The reporter was told by a local woman that there was a lot of resentment in her area because it was council policy to give people from Pakistan and Bangladesh council housing before white people. When the reporter told her that not only was this not true but would be illegal, the woman simply refused to believe him. She turned to the other women in the group for confirmation and they all chimed in to tell the reporter that yes,  it actually was council policy to house Asians first.

These women absolutely believed beyond any doubt that this was true. I'm not saying they were racist, I just think that they were not very bright and lived in a bubble where no other views were ever aired.

Yes, lets allow an untapped amount of people in. We have plenty of money to pay their benefits, plenty of housing available and our hospitals aren't under any pressure whatsoever. 

In fact, let's all enjoy watching our taxes spent on these excellent new members of society, whom are all doctors and trained NHS staff anyway. 

Oh, and while we're on the subject, if any UK resident says this isn't really acceptable, let's brand them racist.

Pass the nut milk Keith......🚴

1 minute ago, BrexitGuy said:

Yes, lets allow an untapped amount of people in. We have plenty of money to pay their benefits, plenty of housing available and our hospitals aren't under any pressure whatsoever. 

In fact, let's all enjoy watching our taxes spent on these excellent new members of society, whom are all doctors and trained NHS staff anyway. 

Oh, and while we're on the subject, if any UK resident says this isn't really acceptable, let's brand them racist.

Pass the nut milk Keith......🚴

Because everyone who comes to this country claim benefits right?  How is what you say even true if immigrants are an overall net benefit to the economy?