Second referendum time? SF Poll

Message added by Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest makapaka

I think leaving the EU is a terrible idea and I voted to remain however I don’t agree there should be a second referendum.

I think it would undermine our democracy and lead to unrest.

Also, the purpose of the thread, eg a poll about a 2nd referendum shows 61% on the forum are against it

If you are trying to conflate support for a second referendum as support for remain then you had better take my vote out of your calculations as I support remain yet voted no to another referendum for the reasons I gave earlier.

I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one either.

What state of health would you say our democratic process is in?

Would you say it was good before the referendum, will another vote make that better or worse?

I personally think our democracy has been in a poor state for years. The well-informed MPs have done nothing to improve that.

An absolutely awful state. Half truths and outright lies are being pushed as facts and if certain sections of the press or the judiciary say "hold on a minute" they're enemies of the people. We should be embarrassed.

An absolutely awful state. Half truths and outright lies are being pushed as facts and if certain sections of the press or the judiciary say "hold on a minute" they're enemies of the people. We should be embarrassed.

You have replied to my post, but you nor anyone else has answered my question.

I think leaving the EU is a terrible idea and I voted to remain however I don’t agree there should be a second referendum.

I think it would undermine our democracy and lead to unrest.

It's too late to do another ref anyway.

As per I1L2T3's comment on the Brexit thread, May and Fox both saying it's this deal or no-brexit was a very important moment.

I have a funny feeling that most Tories will eventually be forced to go along with it in the end, if only to save their own hides.

Most interesting though, what are Labour going to do? It seems to have left them in a somewhat awkward position unless they're going to lay their cards on the table :?

The bickering can cease.

And stick to answering questions asked!

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 14:17 ----------

Most interesting though, what are Labour going to do? It seems to have left them in a somewhat awkward position unless they're going to lay their cards on the table :?

Also, not just what Labour will do, but how many Labour MPs will follow what Jeremy Corbyn has told them to do.

If you are trying to conflate support for a second referendum as support for remain then you had better take my vote out of your calculations as I support remain yet voted no to another referendum for the reasons I gave earlier.

I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one either.

No. The thread had wandered way off topic. Just getting back on topic. In this mini world, 'no 2nd referendum' stands at 60%