Woman earns £30-£40,000 and asks parents for up to £500 pm

It we be quite a silly situation if she paid her parents rent at the start of the month only to borrow five hundred quid off them because she's skint at the end of the month.

No mention of big outgoings or previous problems, one can only assume she's utterly terrible with money.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, Cyclone said:

She lives with her parents, but she might pay them rent.

Without any indication of her outgoings it's impossible to judge, but on the face of it she sounds totally ridiculous.

Cant they knock that off the 500 a month they are handing out to her?

This is the original article which has more information about the woman in question, and it's written by her:

https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/real-life/borrowing-money-from-parents/#r3z-addoor

After reading it I can't say I have anymore sympathy for her; even if she does acknowledge that her plight might be considered as trivial to some, she comes across as self obsessed and whiny. 

Yes something certainly doesn't add up, if the things she's listed are her major outgoings then clearly money is being pis*ed up the wall somewhere else.

monthly average take-home pay of about £2,200

By the time I’ve paid rent, done some food shopping , settled my phone bill and insured, taxed and put petrol in my car, there’s not a great deal left. 

Where on earth is all this money going?

Edited by geared

It'll all be going on petrol and frivolous food shopping.

I know a few people on a similar salary that simply cannot handle money.

The problem she's got is that she doesn't have to take responsibility because mummy and daddy haven't let her grow up. 

Edited by Jonny5

She's been known to borrow £20 for wine and a takeaway with a friend? I think I see the problem.

She probably could have cooked a meal herself and forgone the wine, and still had a nice time with her friend, without borrowing money.... but why would anyone do that when they're skint?

She sounds like a complete idiot. I managed to pay my mortgage and bills and support my other half for a couple of years when he was made redundant, while earning around £23k without borrowing money from anyone. But then wine and a takeaway were my pipe dream then, not 'fancy holidays abroad'!