Creswell area (s80)

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum, hope I’m posting in the right group.

I know it’s not Sheffield but I was hoping for some info on the area of Creswell (S80) I’m thinking of moving there but don’t no the area well enough to make the decision. 

Anyone no the area or live there already? 

Thanks s for your time 

Don't let the 'S' postcode lead you astray. I would think that most Sheffielders would consider Creswell to be more 'aligned' to Chesterfield or Worksop. You may get more responses and information from forums dedicated to those two towns.

I can't find a general forum for Worksop, but you could try:-  

http://www.chesterfieldonline.org/ 

Edited by Broakham

Creswell and its inhabitants is the finest friendliest  place on Earth , I have lived there at one time and would move back tomorrow if I could , You need to join in the local carry on ,visit the working mens clubs, The community centre and so on , The bus to Worksop is every 12 mins or so ,the down side is that if you need the bus to Sheffield you have to walk to Clowne . Go for it is a brilliant little place.

14 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Creswell and its inhabitants is the finest friendliest  place on Earth , I have lived there at one time and would move back tomorrow if I could , You need to join in the local carry on ,visit the working mens clubs, The community centre and so on , The bus to Worksop is every 12 mins or so ,the down side is that if you need the bus to Sheffield you have to walk to Clowne . Go for it is a brilliant little place.

I thought you could get the 77 to Clowne and then the 53 to Sheff?

It depends what you want out of the area where you live.

It is quite isolated and insular. But really close to countryside and nice walks. House prices are low. Lots of rented accommodation.

The people there tend to use Mansfield and Nottingham as their closest town rather than Chesterfield or Sheffield. It is an ex mining town and very deprived. There are few employment opportunities in the immediate area. As with a lot of places illegal drugs are an issue for some and seem freely available. Local shops are known to sell alcohol to under 18’s.

If you were thinking of buying a house in the model village bit thinking it's a bit like port sunlight, it really really isn't.  I've been to rough areas but I'd say that's easily in my top 5. At the other end, there are fair few new houses that are reasonably priced but I'd check the crime stats. Commuting wise, close to the M1, got its own train station. I'm going back a few years but I found it insular and depressing.  Nearby clowne seems to have kicked off its down trodden ex-pit village a little better.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, tinfoilhat said:

If you were thinking of buying a house in the model village bit thinking it's a bit like port sunlight, it really really isn't.  I've been to rough areas but I'd say that's easily in my top 5. At the other end, there are fair few new houses that are reasonably priced but I'd check the crime stats. Commuting wise, close to the M1, got its own train station. I'm going back a few years but I found it insular and depressing.  Nearby clowne seems to have kicked off its down trodden ex-pit village a little better.

Rubbish The Model has been extensively refurbished and is now a mix of private and social housing .The housesat of classic  design some with Dutch gables others belonged to the pit management and are a credit to the Architects and planners from the bygone thirty's and forties .

They’re lovely looking buildings when they’ve been done up, and they look big too.  But ask yourself why these big 3 bed and arguably historic buildings sell for £65k - £70k ? Why do you think that is?

I was last at the industrial estate estate just over the road from it, and security measures employed there would best be described as very very thorough. Why do you think that is Albert? 

And its older than 30s, turn of the century if my brief research is right.

Edited by tinfoilhat