A new way of dealing with scooter thieves.

43 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

feel free to call me an  abuser  but i firmly  believe that some of those little <removed> wont learn in any other manner

Then how do you account for the fact that the world is full of well adjusted law abiding adults who weren't beaten as children?

Edited by nikki-red

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Then how do you account for the fact that the world is full of well adjusted law abiding adults who weren't beaten as children?

thats just the point ? there are way more badly behaved children and law breaking adults than there ever were and its beacuase they have no boundaries or consequences. 

31 minutes ago, helloitsonly said:

thats just the point ? there are way more badly behaved children and law breaking adults than there ever were and its beacuase they have no boundaries or consequences. 

Your assertion that there are ''way more badly behaved children and law breaking adults'' is unscientific nonsense and it's perfectly possible to impose both boundaries and consequences without using violence.

55 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Your assertion that there are ''way more badly behaved children and law breaking adults'' is unscientific nonsense and it's perfectly possible to impose both boundaries and consequences without using violence.

So we'll just shout at the theif that just stamped on someone's head to steal a moped telling him he needs to go a sit on the naughty step and expect them to listen? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Delusion is just part of your everyday isn't it? 

3 hours ago, helloitsonly said:

quite the opposite actually, i know right from wrong and so do my kids, i think it is you sir that are harmed, i am not advocating violence as you infer but a quick sharp shock for children, a tap, quick slap and as they age a cane or slipper in moderation, adults on the other hand the birch or even the cat o nine tails ?

So you like to see a bit of spanking?

27 minutes ago, Resident said:

So we'll just shout at the theif that just stamped on someone's head to steal a moped telling him he needs to go a sit on the naughty step and expect them to listen? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Delusion is just part of your everyday isn't it? 

What is deluded is imagining that violence is the answer. Was crime absent years ago when children were beaten at school? Did that prevent them turning into young adults who were not law abiding? Do you have a study that you can point to that proves cause and effect?

or you can’t think of any better ideas than giving them a slap?  When someone does something to them that they don’t like, do you think you have taught them to be reasonable and measured, or to become violent?

3 hours ago, Easy livin said:

Should we give them a hug instead?

Why not? I’d be willing to bet that most of them were devoid of love, attention and decent adult role models when they were growing up. Perhaps you think that somehow being violent will make them respect you.

would you respect someone who hit you?

2 hours ago, helloitsonly said:

I bet a large proportion of the kids who are moped thieves, or worse, have parents who aren't averse to solving issues with violence.

Kids with parents who use a cane or slipper on them must live their lives in fear. It's sickening to hear somebody think its ok.

Moped thieves need catching (knock them off if necessary) , kids don't need beating for being naughty.

1 hour ago, gaz 786 said:

Its not violence its dissaplin violence is a form of aggression there is a difference between the two 👆

Violence is defined by the World Health Organization as "the intentional use of physical force or power, threatened or actual, against oneself, another person, or against a group or community, which either results in or has a high likelihood of resulting in injury, death, psychological harm, maldevelopment, or deprivation," although the group acknowledges that the inclusion of "the use of power" in its definition expands on the conventional understanding of the word.

from Wikipedia...

i’d Say that disciplining someone with a cane would meet their definition of violence.

12 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Its not violence its dissaplin violence is a form of aggression there is a difference between the two 👆

Nice try Gary, but slapping a child, hitting it with a stick, a slipper, a belt or anything else is an act of violence.

Maybe you just need to grow a spine and admit that you're an advocate for using violence on children.