A new influx of boat people from france.

18 minutes ago, L00b said:

This write up should come in handy for informing many posters in here.

I particularly like the bit about the legality of refugees arriving in the U.K. even though it is not the first “safe country” that they reached, being enshrined in U.K. law since 1999.

I've just read the write up and it is certainly interesting.

5 hours ago, L00b said:

That's just the thing, you see: I see it that it's up to an immigration system (up to an immigration Judge if need be) and due diligence, to determine whether the "boat people" are real refugees or not. Not up to personal prejudice, like you or Longcol's ex-neighbours.

Giz a shout when the UK starts to take its fair share of EU-landed refugees, instead of ducking behind its moat. In the meantime, as a G7 economy with 12% of the EU28 population but only 4% of EU-landed refugees (and one of the least-generous asylum supporting systems), that holier-than-thou attitude is quite a look.

The whole world outside the UK knows that the UK doesn't like Johnny Foreigner by now. There's really no need to keep adding extra layers on, that's just wasted marketing dollars.

Still no answer as to why do they enter illegally, bona fide refugees sneaking into the uk ,why?  

17 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

Still no answer as to why do they enter illegally, bona fide refugees sneaking into the uk ,why?  

"Still no answer" because it's already been answered multiple times in the thread, besides being also answered in the link which I posted today. Happy reading.

35 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

Still no answer as to why do they enter illegally, bona fide refugees sneaking into the uk ,why?  

Quite a pejorative way of putting it.🤔and I cannot understand how you have failed to absorb some of the foregoing posts.

None so blind etc.

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Quite a pejorative way of putting it.🤔and I cannot understand how you have failed to absorb some of the foregoing posts.

None so blind etc.

What I fail to understand is why pay thousands for a dodgy dingy crossing when they could euro star over then claim asylum? 

5 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Still, I believe it is possible to apply for asylum from abroad.

Anyway, every asylum seeker can use UNHCR services.

There's no reason to commit crime.

The weird thing is there's no mention of a criminal offence when applying for asylum on the gov.uk website.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum/screening

And as we know asylum doesn't have to be claimed at the first 'safe country', however it appears that many do considering that Turkey has taken 3.4 million displaced people, compared to the UKs 121k.

2 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

The weird thing is there's no mention of a criminal offence when applying for asylum on the gov.uk website.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum/screening

And as we know asylum doesn't have to be claimed at the first 'safe country', however it appears that many do considering that Turkey has taken 3.4 million displaced people, compared to the UKs 121k.

That's because people can claim Asylum at any point in their immigration journey. So it's possible for someone to have entered legally with the correct visa and decides to claim Asylum. 

Those that do try and evade border force and end up claiming Asylum when stood in front of border force are notified of their illegal entry into the country