Silver stacking

23 hours ago, craig12 said:

ok we,ll use the phrase walking zombies then 

It doesn't really matter what phrase you use.

Doing something different to the norm could be because you've spotted something unusual and most people aren't aware of it.

It could be because it's high risk and most people don't want the risk.

It could be that you've been duped and are being taken advantage of.

The fact that it's not a common thing to do tells you or me nothing about whether it's a clever thing to do or not.

15 hours ago, craig12 said:

no its a form of insurance , against the government , and its nil interest policies which have fleeced the middle class, as the only tool central banks have is to saddle everyone with more debt , and most fall for it , you can buy cigarettes, whisky, cars on lease (really), rolex watches , property , land , caravans, kitchens, a whole number of things with your money , you can even put it in an isa at a whopping 1.3% , I choose to buy precious metals , 

You could just buy a ftse100 tracker in your isa.  Don't pay tax, not highly volatile, long term historical gains are very good.

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

It doesn't really matter what phrase you use.

Doing something different to the norm could be because you've spotted something unusual and most people aren't aware of it.

It could be because it's high risk and most people don't want the risk.

It could be that you've been duped and are being taken advantage of.

The fact that it's not a common thing to do tells you or me nothing about whether it's a clever thing to do or not.

:huh:

7 minutes ago, craig12 said:

its priceless right now

Clearly it's not, silver pays no interest, you're hedging yourself against a collapse in the £, and your speculating on the price of silver.

Just now, craig12 said:

:huh:

If anything I said there is confusing then I'd suggest that you're probably better off investing through an isa.  It was all really basic, straight forwards, logic.

im glad I do what I do , and anyone else is entitled to do what they do as the scouts said 

BE PREPARED

no I understand fully sir I have an isa  theyre a bad investment right now who can get excited about  1.3% 

Edited by craig12

You realise that with a stocks and share isa you can get whatever return is available through any share on the stock market?

Which in the long term can be around the 10% mark.

https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2018/05/27/can-you-really-make-10-a-year-from-the-ftse-100/

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-4956630/How-FTSE-250-earn-11-year.html

Silver on the other hand (even ignoring the 20% hole you put yourself in as soon as you buy any)

https://www.macrotrends.net/1470/historical-silver-prices-100-year-chart

Is definitely speculative.

Basically flat for the last 4 years, you'd have lost money over the 4 before that, and a lot of it, but could potentially have made money for the first decade of this century (and quite a lot of it).

Calling the top and bottom of the market is incredibly hard to do though, you might as well consider it to be impossible.

It’s just a hedge against specific economic and political scenarios. There’s nothing wrong with using silver for that, but just don’t plough everything into it.

As I remember some financial advisers say that holding 10% in precious metals in your portfolio is a good target. I guess if you feel you need to do so.