Could this be the end of hs2?

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

<HS2 announced>
Public: "Boo, waste of money, white elephant, we don't need it"

<HS2  could be scrapped>

Public: "Boo, what about levelling up?"

Your idea of who the public is and what they want,  is far different from mine.

The public I know,  would like the same as I do.   Not necessarily HS2,   but a modern, efficient, reliable railway system covering the whole country and not just from London to Birmingham.

Yes,  we do want levelling up and it was actually promised if you remember.

The whole country  (again,  not just the south )  needs investment to create jobs,  to improve people's lives  and to save us from becoming the nation at the back,  instead of the leader.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

or......throw all the money at it while its in the south, its started now despite it costing billions we need to finish it, then when its supposed to get to the north, oh no cant do that its far too expensive

I saw something on Twitter saying if they'd have started at the North and build down, they'd already be at London by now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, geared said:

I saw something on Twitter saying if they'd have started at the North and build down, they'd already be at London by now.

And I would certainly agree with that.  They are short changing us all of the time and it's time to stop it.

For starters,  a major city like Sheffield should not have been missed out from it.  We should have been an integral part with a new station included.

We have managed with one station for years already.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

The quickest trains between Birmingham New Street and London Euston currently take 79 minutes.  

All this bother to take 27 minutes off that 🙄

And if HS2 stops at Old Oak Common which is 6 miles north of Euston, then I bet that HS2 will take longer than 79 minutes.

£100 billion on a project that won't be as quick as a service we already have 😆

29 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

And I would certainly agree with that.  They are short changing us all of the time and it's time to stop it.

For starters,  a major city like Sheffield should not have been missed out form it.  We should have been an integral part with a new station included.

We have managed with one station for years already.

Tbh why would people want to go to Sheffield, it's sad but it is lagging behind other large towns and cities, although tbf with the large-scale high street shop closures they are all getting dragged down to the same level

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

Tbh why would people want to go to Sheffield, it's sad but it is lagging behind other large towns and cities, although tbf with the large-scale high street shop closures they are all getting dragged down to the same level

The people who live in Sheffield obviously want to go to Sheffield,  when they have been somewhere else,  and we do have a fairly large population.

I suppose you realise that Sheffield folk sometimes get all uppity and decide to go to London or elsewhere in the south like Dover for instance.

I suppose we could manage with an old steam Puffing Biily if we were forced but we don't all live in caves you know.

What's happened to Sheffield is worse than sad,  it's a damned disgrace but it's too late to do anything about that now.