US Radio station bans christmas song

36 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

They're only creepy because people misinterpret them. They were perfectly innocent at the time. 

Really?

The man singing the song is basically saying 'You are trapped in here with me because the weather is so bad so you may as well shag me. If you don't, I'm going to be upset.

Creepy then and creepy now! :suspect:

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

The man singing the song is basically saying 'You are trapped in here with me because the weather is so bad so you may as well shag me. If you don't, I'm going to be upset.

That's not what the song is about. 

The woman wants to stay the night but is finding excuses not to because of the social expectations at the time the song was written against women spending the night with men they weren't married to. 

The line 'what's in this drink', today might seem disturbing, but it's actually the line that shows the woman wants to stay the night. The phrase was a common idiom of the time that was used to rebuke social expectations by blaming one's actions on the influence of alcohol, even when they weren't drinking alcohol. 

34 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

There's nothing creepy about it, it's all in your mind. 

I've just had a look at the original version.  There have been lots more since. 

37 minutes ago, janie48 said:

There's nothing creepy about it, it's all in your mind. 

I've just had a look at the original version.  There have been lots more since. 

Absolutely, it's a very lovely song, and the couple in the video you posted have a beautiful chemistry.

This whole thing is clearly s publicity stunt by a radio station hoping to boost listening figures.