Diesel price hike !!

They're all brand new cars though, Euro 6 standards have sorted out most of the emissions issues.

The problem is many people can't afford to just go out and buy a brand new car to help with local air pollution. 

The government knew about diesel air pollution issues decades ago, but decided to ignore advice and chose to prioritise CO2 emissions over everything else.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:19 PM, Dardandec said:

Have you heard yourself, You never asked me anything about you're livelihood. You asked me if you would be able to sue the people who advised people to by diesel car's. Well I will answer that, No you won't.

He will, he can sue anyone he likes for anything he wants.

Winning the case is a different matter of course.

9 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Knock yourself out, good luck on MOT day ;)

I have had a diesel car for 7 years now and never had an issue. In fact, with £30 annual road tax  what’s not to like? 

Edited by ez8004

Give me a diesel anyday over petrol. More power, more torque, reliable as owt. Starts every day and four-wheel drive too. Lovely. 

I've heard a cow gives off more gases than my Jeep but I can't prove it or enter any links. I've just heard it. 

Not the cow farting, I mean I've heard people say that.

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Run through the right filter Red diesel becomes 100% " clean" and untraceable.

You're kidding right?  It is utter rubbish what you mentioned there.  The addition of a new dye in 2016 effectively makes it impossible to launder.  Chemistry rules, well, specifically gas chromatography.