Would you say a sign saying 'girls toys' is inappropriate?

Message added by Vaati

The bickering can cease, otherwise accounts will be suspended.

23 pages in & some are still disputing that the impact on the individual of the marketing of toys. 

Play is children's work. By limiting & prescribing what children should be reading or playing with is the antithesis of what child's play should be - promoting freedom of thought, imagination,  and not damaging the self esteem of children who prefer to play with toys traditionally prescribed for the other gender.

Edited by Mister M

12 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Seriously.  You were expecting Tesco aisle labels to be mentioned.  We've established that gender stereotyping is directly harmful, we've established that marketing and labelling toys for specific genders is a form of stereotyping.

There's literally nothing to dispute, although I'm sure that won't stop you.

Perhaps you can instead ask me again if I have children, or perhaps point out that other, more important issues exist.  Anything to distract from having to acknowledge the points to have been proven.

I would dispute the vague statement about the risk of mental and physical health problems. There doesn't seem to be any evidence behind it.

However, I eagerly await your lengthy contribution to the feminist cause when the next grooming gangs thread pops up.

I would say that signs stating "girls toys" and "boys toys", probably is inappropriate, and I wouldn't do it if I was a retailer... that said, certain toys will appeal to one gender more than the other and the capitalist system will and should provide for that, but it doesn't need to be  explicitly stated, its just understood.

The concept of non segregated toilets and the ever increasing installation of a gender neutral facility has already been addressed in this thread

Shock horror -  it's nothing new.   Those 'saps' you speak of have already done it.    You've missed the boat luv.  

You are going to have to find something else to get all beetroot faced about.

7 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The concept of non segregated toilets and the ever increasing installation of a gender neutral facility has already been addressed in this thread

Shock horror -  it's nothing new.   Those 'saps' you speak of have already done it.    You've missed the boat luv.  

You are going to have to find something else to get all beetroot faced about.

Tick....what comes next?

10 hours ago, BrexitGuy said:

The whole argument is likened to boys and girls toilets. Surely a girl should be given the choice to use either. 

(in the minds of the saps who concluded this crap) 

It's a good job that you know better than all the people who've spent years actually studying this.

32 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It's a good job that you know better than all the people who've spent years actually studying this.

Thank you. I'm glad you've seen sense. See, there's no need for Google is there? Just ask the people who've been around a little. Life skills are worth ten times that of a silly focus group x