Would you say a sign saying 'girls toys' is inappropriate?

Message added by Vaati

The bickering can cease, otherwise accounts will be suspended.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I'm sure some do. If only the poster had suggested that earlier, it wouldn't have highlighted gender stereotype attitudes as well as l'd hoped for.

You have been trying a long time to get a hook to deflect having to answer the questions put to you.

seemingly the housewife comment is sufficient for you - well done.

1 hour ago, SnailyBoy said:

Are gender stereotypes good or bad in your opinion?

Thinking about it, your suggestion that women would want the option of being a full time housewife pretty much answers that already.

Not sure on the level of toys they cause "actual harm". Good or bad is subjective.

Yes, some women would want the housewife option. What's wrong with that? Some men want the house husband option too. Are you belittling housewives?

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Not sure on the level of toys they cause "actual harm". Good or bad is subjective.

Yes, some women would want the housewife option. What's wrong with that? Some men want the house husband option too. Are you belittling housewives?

Belittling? No

Come on, if you wanted to include men, you would have.

Alright then, Do you think encouraging gender stereotypes, such as women being housewives, is beneficial to women in general?

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

This does appear to be an issue with the sisterhood or 'Feminism' as it's called in the modern day.

At one time feminism allowed women to do what they wanted... but now, if a woman goes against the hive-mind, they are smited by the righteous!

Women have the right to do as they wish... as long as it fits the feminist narritive!

3 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Belittling? No

Come on, if you wanted to include men, you would have.

Alright then, Do you think encouraging gender stereotypes, such as women being housewives, is beneficial to women in general?

That depends on the perspective of the women in question. Some women who want to be housewives would benefit from such a stereotype. I'll paraphrase myself from an earlier post - what do you think is a more important role, raising the next generation of our species, or being stuck in an office listening to some corporate sycophant blabber on about synergies for 40 hours a week? 

Unfortunately for the women who would like to be a full time housewife/ parent, the option is no longer there.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

That depends on the perspective of the women in question. Some women who want to be housewives would benefit from such a stereotype. I'll paraphrase myself from an earlier post - what do you think is a more important role, raising the next generation of our species, or being stuck in an office listening to some corporate sycophant blabber on about synergies for 40 hours a week? 

Unfortunately for the women who would like to be a full time housewife/ parent, the option is no longer there.

That's why I said women in general.

Do you think encouraging gender stereotypes is beneficial to anyone?

4 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Do you think encouraging gender stereotypes is beneficial to anyone?

4 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Do you think encouraging gender stereotypes is beneficial to anyone

Yes I just said didn't I? "Some women who want to be housewives would benefit from such a stereotype. "