Drone at gatwick strands 350,000 people.

Message added by Vaati

Any further personal comments will result in accounts being suspended.

30 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Anyhow there are signal jammers that can disrupt these toys and crash them or let them fly off into the distance 

Only the ones being remotely controlled from the ground.

The more capable drones can now be pre programmed to fly a route much like the sat nav in your car. Once it takes off it will fly that route using only GPS information. If it is programmed to fly at 2-3000 feet it is very difficult to shoot down and it's flight can only be disrupted by switching off the GPS, which the americans won't do.

It's a problem.

46 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

To be honest I dont think a drone would bother 400 tonnes of aeroplane on impact unless it was stuffed with semtex? Anyhow there are signal jammers that can disrupt these toys and crash them or let them fly off into the distance lots of fuss over nothing or just shoot them down with a .22 rimfire jobs a good un !

Did you not see the video of the test they did and the large gaping hole it tore into the wing? i wouldnt like to be on that plane, no matter if theres a massive chance of crashing or not.

43 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Did not know they were that big but made of plastic they would have no effect on a jet engine the rotary systme would chew it up and spit it out as if it was a bird this happens regularly 

Not the big ones like cos has it is metal and weighs a couple of kilos at least. Hoping it lands at the back of his neck,gaz.

19 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Did not know they were that big but made of plastic they would have no effect on a jet engine the rotary systme would chew it up and spit it out as if it was a bird this happens regularly 

The police have now found a damaged drone close to the airport.

I bet they were astonished to find it had plastic motors, plastic batteries, plastic circuit boards and plastic wiring. 😏

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I suspect the released couple's lawyers will be on to the Mail now for either an apology or compensation for putting a picture of them on the front cover and strongly hinting that they were responsible.

I agree.  I stand to be corrected but I don't think any television news stations named the couple and it was only the newspapers ,who named the couple who have been released without charge and declared innocent by the police.