Northern Rail strikes

On 05/08/2022 at 08:57, geared said:

The Government has already distanced themselves from this, it's between the private company and their employee's.

And more importantly, it's about much more than just pay.

Much as the Government would like us to believe and appears to have worked with you, Northern Trains is not a private company. They are a wholly owned by DfT OLR Holdings. i.e. The Government through a subsidiary called Northern Trains Limited.

The sham of bring a private company is based on the fact that DfT OLR Holdings employ several agencies on temporary contracts to help run their businesses.

Northern was the brand name of a private company called Arriva Rail North from 1 April 2016 until March 1st 2000 when it stopped operating trains or employ train staff. Their performance was so bad that they were taken back into public control (Nationalised, Privatised?). All operations were handed to HM Government's Operator of Last Resort trading as Northern Trains. 

The other businesses operated in this way in England are SE Trains (London & South Eastern Railway) and London North Eastern Railway. 

Edited by Annie Bynnol

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Much as the Government would like us to believe and appears to have worked with you, Northern Trains is not a private company. They are a wholly owned by DfT OLR Holdings. i.e. The Government through a subsidiary called Northern Trains Limited.

The sham of bring a private company is based on the fact that DfT OLR Holdings employ several agencies on temporary contracts to help run their businesses.

Northern was the brand name of a private company called Arriva Rail North from 1 April 2016 until March 1st 2000 when it stopped operating trains or employ train staff. Their performance was so bad that they were taken back into public control (Nationalised, Privatised?). All operations were handed to HM Government's Operator of Last Resort trading as Northern Trains. 

The other businesses operated in this way in England are SE Trains (London & South Eastern Railway) and London North Eastern Railway. 

I believe several different companies are involved in todays action, not sure if any of the ones you've listed there are taking part:

Avanti West Coast, Southeastern, CrossCountry, London Northwestern Railway, West Midlands Railway and Arriva Rail London.

The other operators affected by the strike are Great Western, Greater Anglia, LNER and Hull Trains.

5 hours ago, geared said:

Think you wanna stay off the sauce, you're making an arse of yourself.

What telling the truth, it hurts doesn’t it, 

5 hours ago, geared said:

What telling the truth ,  it hurts  when you do ,  and the truth is a ordinary man as got to fight for his rights , if you don’t you will end up doffing your cap to this lot ,  I left school in 58 and came in contact with plenty off this myself  , so I say let them get on with their strikes,  it may not effect you ,  and the better off , but there are millions it does , and by the way I don’t drink ,

You bring nothing to the discussion, just come on and have a rant.  Maybe just keep that crap on Facebook yea?

I don't know why you feel the need to quote me when you start piping off as well? 

Edited by geared
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, geared said:

You bring nothing to the discussion, just come on and have a rant.  Maybe just keep that crap on Facebook yea?

I don't know why you feel the need to quote me when you start piping off as well? 

I bring the plain truth as I see it working men are being took for fools , 

4 hours ago, Slinny said:

I bring the plain truth as I see it working men are being took for fools , 

I don’t pipe off about anybody pal  , I just think all the different organisations going on strike are doing it not because they want to upset the system, they just need more cash to live on I try and put it so people who. Are struggling can see I am on their side  , plain and simple ,  

• Like 2

On 13/08/2022 at 22:56, Slinny said:

I don’t pipe off about anybody pal  , I just think all the different organisations going on strike are doing it not because they want to upset the system, they just need more cash to live on I try and put it so people who. Are struggling can see I am on their side  , plain and simple ,  

Now the government are trying to bring in agencies to staff the railways , another way to privately run things ,  the ordinary man will end up with no say at all ,,  watch out. N h s, 

On 04/08/2022 at 22:03, geared said:

Find me a train driver on £9 an hour.

Anybody with any sense knows that NOT everybody who works on the railways is a train driver.

On 13/08/2022 at 07:22, geared said:

Must have taken a lot of thought and effort to think that reply up.

Why not deal in facts?

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Anybody with any sense knows that NOT everybody who works on the railways is a train driver.

Please take the time to read the original post, because it was very specifically about the drivers and no-one else.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Must have taken a lot of thought and effort to think that reply up.

Why not deal in facts?

What like yourself?

Stop quoting old posts if you're not bringing anything new to the discussion.