Campaign for flypast to honour 75th anniversary of plane crash in endcliffe park

What do folks think about Bolehills? It's a little further up and away from the action compared with lil-minx's link above (great spot btw).

I'm hoping, as a few of us are meeting there, that armed with binoculars and a good view to the west and southwest, Bolehills Park will be a decent spot :)

15 hours ago, brinner said:

What do folks think about Bolehills? It's a little further up and away from the action compared with lil-minx's link above (great spot btw).

I'm hoping, as a few of us are meeting there, that armed with binoculars and a good view to the west and southwest, Bolehills Park will be a decent spot :)

We are also thinking Bolehills as that's our morning dog walk anyway.

Might head down to Endciliffe park first thing just to see what the crowd is like then head back up the hill for the flypast. Im told the route away will be over Stannington so in theory, a nice seat up on Bolehill should give you a grand view as they depart. 

Don't forget later in the day, head down to the canal basin for the 200th-anniversary event which should be a cracker as well given the great weather forecast.  

37 minutes ago, Temuchin said:

Planefinder showing flight from Coningsby

Thanks for that, I was hoping I might see the Dakota again on it's return trip - BBMF have a habit of using Abbey Lane for navigation - I've seen the Spitfire & Hurricane at low level over my garden several times in the last couple of years. I could just see today's flight over the tree line of Ecclesall Woods

13 minutes ago, Unrecordings said:

Thanks for that, I was hoping I might see the Dakota again on it's return trip - BBMF have a habit of using Abbey Lane for navigation - I've seen the Spitfire & Hurricane at low level over my garden several times in the last couple of years. I could just see today's flight over the tree line of Ecclesall Woods

Flightradar has the historical playback available.  Looks OK, but it was a mess on the live flight.