Sheffield peregrine falcons

Message added by SheffieldForum

Watch the Sheffield Peregrines live feed here: https://peregrine.sites.sheffield.ac.uk

1 hour ago, francypants said:

I've heard that we're in for another cold spell with possible snow around the end of April/ beginning of May. Which is the time the eggs are due to hatch.  If this happens I hope it doesn't affect the chicks.

The harbinger of doom.

18 hours ago, francypants said:

I've heard that we're in for another cold spell with possible snow around the end of April/ beginning of May. Which is the time the eggs are due to hatch.  If this happens I hope it doesn't affect the chicks.

Peregrine falcons have not been wiped out yet from a bit of late snow.

They know what they are doing. 👍👍🦅

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2022 at 19:54, francypants said:

1st chick has arrived Fran.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

How many chicks please,

Seen 3 wondered about the 4th egg.

The 4th egg hasn't hatched. It's still in the box though, or it was earlier today. The 3 chicks have got healthy appetites. I've managed to catch them feeding a few times. It's very addictive viewing 😊

1 minute ago, Rollypolly said:

The 4th egg hasn't hatched. It's still in the box though, or it was earlier today. The 3 chicks have got healthy appetites. I've managed to catch them feeding a few times. It's very addictive viewing 😊

Cheers Rolly,

I'm a bit worried about the 4th egg, thought it should have hatched by now..

I keep looking to see if I can manage to see them feeding without much luck.

Like you say it's addictive.

They were fed about half an hour ago Padders so that might be it for today. I missed it but my son told me. We saw them yesterday feeding at around 3:30 and then again at 6:30 so that might be a time to watch. Shame about the poor little creatures that are being ripped apart though 😱

• Thanks 1