Sheffield peregrine falcons

Message added by SheffieldForum

Watch the Sheffield Peregrines live feed here: https://peregrine.sites.sheffield.ac.uk

36 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It is on the college roof.

Unpopulated currently, I believe — there’s a hope that one of these chicks will nest there.

🤞🤞🤞👍

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Food seems to be in short supply?

I think it's a one parent family.

Not at all watched the old boy drop.a pigeon off last night dint even wait for a tip ...unlike some 😆😆😆

• Thanks 1

I walked round St George’s Church a few years ago. Didn’t see any of the peregrine’s flying around the chicks had already started to leave the nest for longer periods. There was plenty of pieces of dead bird on the ground below the nest box and graveyard. Its part of nature but it did put me off watching the peregrine’s during feeding time.

However it would be nice to see the chicks in the first few days when they start to test their wings but still spending a lot of time perched around the nest. If I lived in Sheffield I would walk past the church during this time, not below the nest box or graveyard, just to see if I could see the chicks exercising their wings. 

On 03/05/2024 at 13:28, Padders said:

Food seems to be in short supply?

I think it's a one parent family.

One found shot on woodhead today 

£10,000 reward on offer ! 

• Sad 1