Sheffield peregrine falcons

Message added by SheffieldForum

Watch the Sheffield Peregrines live feed here: https://peregrine.sites.sheffield.ac.uk

4 minutes ago, francypants said:

Sorry,  I didn't see that  ......  my mistake.    🤭

I've been watching on and off throughout today.

Not seen the three of them together, think theirs only 1 or possibly 2 at the moment.

Just now, Padders said:

I've been watching on and off throughout today.

Not seen the three of them together, think theirs only 1 or possibly 2 at the moment.

Edit "There's"

Yesterday evening the two adults were there alone – one on the outer edge of the bird box and one sat on top (could just see its tail feathers).

Currently, one is tucked into the nearside corner – again, can just see the tail feathers peaking out.

Posted (edited)

I think that I saw the last one build up courage early this morning. It took off but was soon back, with a very dodgy landing on the sloping edge of the box. It carefully got back to the flat front edge.

As I say, I only think that it was it's first flight. Main thing is we've had another good year. Shame about the lost chick, but nature decides, and three healthy birds of prey made it.

Edited by zach