Further M&S closures...

Hi tinfoil,

The one at Parkgate is the only one in Rotherham as the town centre one closed some years ago. 

Why are you not surprised if it is the Parkgate one? I am guessing it may be because of the area?

The thing is M&S is not a cheap brand. Over the years I  bought their egg&ham sandwiches, which are expensive. I used to enjoy them. However, the last one I bought was not nice at all due to the bread role. It ended up being the last one I bought due to that  experience. 

Edited by Janus

19 minutes ago, Janus said:

Hi tinfoil,

The one at Parkgate is the only one in Rotherham as the town centre one closed some years ago. 

Why are you not surprised if it is the Parkgate one? I am guessing it may be because of the area?

The thing is M&S is not a cheap brand. Over the years I  bought their egg&ham sandwiches, which are expensive. I used to enjoy them. However, the last one I bought was not nice at all due to the bread role. It ended up being the last one I bought due to that  experience. 

Not the location - nowt wrong with parkgate. It's just, or at least was the last time i was in there a few years back, he layout of the shop itself. Fairly simple thing, I was after a suit jacket - not a cheap thing at m&s as you rightly point out. They were nicely located, pushed up next to would be a better description - the cafe bit so smelled a bit of canteen.  20 mins away is Meadowhall which is a far different prospect altogether, much bigger which makes it easier to lay out. It was chalk and cheese frankly. Given what the rent must be at both places I'd be trying to funnel everyone to Meadowhall.

37 minutes ago, Janus said:

Hi tinfoil,

If I'm using Sheffield train station and want a sandwich I'll head for M&S because they have a better variety and in many cases are cheaper than the WhistleStop.