Prince Phils driving exploits.

4 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

Did he pull out and hope for the best?

I doudt it.

That junction with the A149 is very near Sandringham and I guess he has used it many hundreds of times over the past 60 years.

That stretch is well known for fatal accidents and even someone with the supreme arrrogance of Prince Phillip would think twice about playing chicken with the traffic on that road!

Age is just a number, some elderly people will be perfectly capable of driving safely into old age, whilst others should give it up in their sixties. Trouble is, if Phillip is banned from driving because of his age it won't make much difference to him, he has plenty of flunkies to ferry him about. But for many older drivers, a car is their only means of keeping their independence, and a blanket ban will be devastating for them..  

47 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Apparently he has been seen driving today without a seat belt on .

One rule for???????.

I am not quite 97, but if I had been involved in a similar accident then I don't think I would be as brave to start driving again the next day.  I see  quite a few drivers who don't put a  seat belt on which means the Duke is not the only rule breaker assuming your information is correct.

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Trouble is, if Phillip is banned from driving because of his age it won't make much difference to him,   

He can't be, as there is no upper age limit for driving in the UK.

Flunkys or not, people do like to be independant. I saw a programme about the Queen once where she was ragging a beat up old Land Rover Defender around the estate at Balmoral. (with some skill, I must add! 😮)

And before we have any more commets about Phillip not wearing a seat belt, how do we know that he doesn't have exemption?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Age is just a number, some elderly people will be perfectly capable of driving safely into old age, whilst others should give it up in their sixties. Trouble is, if Phillip is banned from driving because of his age it won't make much difference to him, he has plenty of flunkies to ferry him about. But for many older drivers, a car is their only means of keeping their independence, and a blanket ban will be devastating for them..  

No one is being agest  a medical and retest  at certain ages would discover who is or is not capable to drive anymore.  Flippin common sense.   Safety first.  Remember the old fellow the other year driving in the wrong direction down a Motorway.  Incidents like this can be avoided. Forget their only means of getting around and a blanket ban,  if  an older driver kills someone the dead person wont be getting around no more. :loopy:

53 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Flunkys or not, people do like to be independant. I saw a programme about the Queen once where she was ragging a beat up old Land Rover Defender around the estate at Balmoral. (with some skill, I must add! 😮)

And before we have any more commets about Phillip not wearing a seat belt, how do we know that he doesn't have exemption?

Edited by PRESLEY

51 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Stop sticking up this lot .  :rant:

It makes me flippin sick how peole stick up for the Royals as tho they cant do nowt wrong, these people arnt bothered about me or anybody their attitude is  we are  like dog dirt under their shoe.  Example Phillip is a human being who nearly killed two women and a baby and it was beneath him to ring them and PERSONALY  say sorry he had a member of staff do it.  Them Royals are just heartless robots.  Princess Anne didnt even give a toss about her old man being in an acciden when asked.  

Edited by PRESLEY