What ever happened to the fish?

Jon

Just got this reply back from the council.

Dear Tracy

Thank you for your email, I have sent this on for you.

I hope that this information is satisfactory and please contact First Point

again for any future enquiries.

Yours sincerely

Ann Mather

Customer Service Advisor

Not sure if its going to get us anywhere.

funny that twist as my older siss said same to me, lol

i use to love seeing that fish tank in the hole in road..

my 10y old daughter does not belive me now that were the trams go over was once a hole in road that u could walk under and see the famous fish tank,

she seen pictures of the hole in road but she says it looks like it was years ago like the time her nannan use to be younger,as im only 28 she think im kidding her that i use to walk threw it.

• 4 weeks later...

We used to arrange to meet our 'first dates' at the fish tank because you could peer round the corners of the many entrances into the hole in the road to see if he was as gorgeous as your Friday/Saturday night alcohol influenced encounter remembered. If he wasn't you could catch up with your mates and, as everyone waiting feigned interest in the fish, your feelings of guilt were eased.

Just round the corner from fish tank was another hole….well shop really that sold cheap fags…this place appeared to do really well as there always seemed to be a queue. They had brightly coloured signs on the wall stating prices and how cheap this and that brand was. I remember walking past early one morning before the shop had opened and seeing the signs altered to say things like ***** brand only £1.49 get cancer cheaper here. It looked like someone had taken their time over it….now, can anyone remember the anti smoking chap who always appeared at the crucible theatre when the snooker was on?? Well the snooker was on.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by muddycoffee

Hey guess what

the fish weren't really as big as that. I once saw into the back when they had the door open to clean, and the tank was a normal size one with normal sized fish, and an enormous magnifier at the front, so that the public thought all the fish were monsters!

Somethings we aren't supposed to know, like Father Christmas doesn't exist.

:(

• 4 weeks later...

One is a sherman fish tank and it has only camouflaged fish.

but seriously there was only one large fish tank and the fish appeared larger because there was a large magnifying glass across the front of it so they were all wonderously huge "looking" fish.

Archived