Remember the six million .

5 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

They did. But, nonetheless, as I posted earlier, you won't change the minds of people who believe in something.

They did attempt to destroy some material but were so meticulous about all other record keeping that the gaps were filled in by indirect evidence such as camp guard wage records, weights of gold teeth, numbers of glasses and dentures stolen from victims as well as recorded amounts of the constituent chemicals for the production of Zyklon-B.

By the way, one of reasons gas was used was because the Nazis kept records of every single bullet used to murder people in the camps and it was deemed an excessive number while a war was being fought.

The fact that there are still apologists for this vile ideology in the UK today should shame us all! 😡

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

They did attempt to destroy some material but were so meticulous about all other record keeping that the gaps were filled in by indirect evidence such as camp guard wage records, weights of gold teeth, numbers of glasses and dentures stolen from victims as well as recorded amounts of the constituent chemicals for the production of Zyklon-B.

By the way, one of reasons gas was used was because the Nazis kept records of every single bullet used to murder people in the camps and it was deemed an excessive number while a war was being fought.

The fact that there are still apologists for this vile ideology in the UK today should shame us all! 😡

Why should it shame us all?

I absolutely disagree with you here.

These people don't represent me, at all, as a UK person.

20 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

These people don't represent me, at all, as a UK person.

Me neither, and I speak as someone who has spend most of my life fighting them but we are all responsible for the society we live in.

We have all laughed at a racist joke or not challenged an antisemitic comment at some point in our lives.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

Does any one know if there has been any Memorial Day remembrance events in Sheffield today.

Not in Churches but public organised events.

Not today, but there will be events tomorrow at the Winter Gardens from 12 midday.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Me neither, and I speak as someone who has spend most of my life fighting them but we are all responsible for the society we live in.

We have all laughed at a racist joke or not challenged an antisemitic comment at some point in our lives.

You must live in a different world [mindset]  to me TC, because I have absolutely no control of how other people think, so I refuse to take personal responsibility for other people in 'the society we live in', or the actions that other people take.

There has been a Holocaust Memorial Services here in Newcastle at the Cathedral.  At the other side of the Tyne is Gateshead, where there is a large Jewish  community, it’s suppose to be the second largest outside London.  The Jews have lived here for years peacefully.  As I was told by a policeman and some locals you never see them in trouble with the Law.

Some say there was a lot more than six million murdered by the Nazis.

The Diary of Ann Frank should be taught in school. 

3 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The Jews have lived here for years peacefully.  As I was told by a policeman and some locals you never see them in trouble with the Law.

I'm not sure that if you had bricks put through your windows and swastikas daubed on the doors of your synagogue you would describe life as peaceful? 😡

Yesterday I watched - Holocaust-Night Will  Fall on the More4 channel. 

This was the documentary film kept as an historical record in the Imperial War Museum that was shelved for decades due to what was considered after the war to be too politically sensitive. 

It was the filming by Army camera men. of when the allies were there in1945 to liberate the death camps and hasn't been shown until very recent times. 

It was the most shocking and disturbing film I've ever seen about the Holocaust but  I don't regret watching it, we should all be aware of these unimaginable atrocities. 

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Yesterday I watched - Holocaust-Night Will  Fall on the More4 channel. 

This was the documentary film kept as an historical record in the Imperial War Museum that was shelved for decades due to what was considered after the war to be too politically sensitive. 

It was the filming by Army camera men. of when the allies were there in1945 to liberate the death camps and hasn't been shown until very recent times. 

It was the most shocking and disturbing film I've ever seen about the Holocaust but  I don't regret watching it, we should all be aware of these unimaginable atrocities. 

Yes I agree with you. 

18 minutes ago, janie48 said:

that was shelved for decades due to what was considered after the war to be too politically sensitive. 

There was a cabinet meeting during the war when the first intelligence about the holocaust started to come through, to decide whether to make this public as part of wartime 'anti German' propaganda. It was decided against doing this as antisemitism in the UK had actually risen during the war.

This was revealed after a Ministry of Information file which outlined 'a considerable increase in antisemitic feeling' since the outbreak of war was released only last year after a Freedom of Information request.

Painting the Nazis as the only antisemites in Europe in the Twentieth Century is way off the mark.