Dickensian diseases on the rise

7 minutes ago, taxman said:

But at least it's British Gout, and British Whooping Cough, not some Johnny Foreigner European disease.

I'm sure it will be so much better after Brexit, what with the Vacine Unicorns.

Actually, according to the Sanger Institute, the first description of whooping cough-like symptoms was in Korea in the Middle Ages:

https://www.sanger.ac.uk/news/view/2014-04-24-origin-and-evolution-of-i-bordetella-pertussis-i-

:)

13 minutes ago, taxman said:

But at least it's British Gout, and British Whooping Cough, not some Johnny Foreigner European disease.

I'm sure it will be so much better after Brexit, what with the Vacine Unicorns.

So a non-story becomes a non-non- brexit-story.....

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not at all.

These diseases are on the rise and one of the reasons for it is fake news and crackpot medical advice.

What's the Thatcher and rees-mogg bit? The thread implication is they on the rise because of current or previous government policies.

46 minutes ago, woodview said:

What's the Thatcher and rees-mogg bit? The thread implication is they on the rise because of current or previous government policies.

We got rid of these diseases by a properly funding the public health system, educating the public and addressing the grinding poverty which many people lived in.

I'd imagine we could do the same again by doing the same again.

The seeds of this were sown in the 80s by the Thatcher woman and her chums and fertilised by the posh boys led by Cameron and Osbourne. 

51 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Try reading it again....but this time but brain into gear

You'll have to explain. Whooping cough vaccine is free as part of post natal care.

I struggle to see how malnutrition AND gout, have the same cause.

It sounds more like a Rick from the Young Ones rant.

Thatcher's Britain causes people to not take up free vaccinations, and gorge on meat and beer !!!!

Ps the wicked witch got kicked out 29 years ago.

A post about taking up vaccinations and not pigging out, would be handy.