Fake Paypal text/email scams

Have just received a text message informing me that an attempt has been made to access my PayPal account. It also asks me to click on a link to contact PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account and never have had. Has anyone else had this message ???    The number it came in on was +44 7394 485321.  I've Googled the number and nothing has shown up.

I do use PayPal and get them all the time. 

If any of them are even remotely convincing I checkmy PayPal account independently and NEVER click the links.

If you dont have a PayPal account Id just ignore them, its just another phishing attempt.

Edited by nikki-red

I don’t have a PayPal account and over the past few years I’ve had a few emails saying the same thing.  So I just delete the email straight away.  

Also something very similar happened with Halifax, I do have an account with them,  asking for my bank details.  I did exactly the same thing and deleted the email, then informed Halifax who told me it was a scam, and what to do if it happened again. 

Thanks for your your help. I have deleted the text. I still work the 'old fashioned way'. I don't like telephone banking and only buy online from a small number of retailers. Its an 'age' thing. The older you get the more unsure you are about things.

20 hours ago, nikki-red said:

I do use PayPal and get them all the time. 

If any of them are even remotely convincing I checkmy PayPal account independently and NEVER click the links.

If you dont have a PayPal account Id just ignore them, its just another phishing attempt.

PayPal advise you to forward them to spoof@paypal.com and then delete them. 

On 2 February 2019 at 20:23, EUCLID11 said:

Have just received a text message informing me that an attempt has been made to access my PayPal account. It also asks me to click on a link to contact PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account and never have had. Has anyone else had this message ???    The number it came in on was +44 7394 485321.  I've Googled the number and nothing has shown up.

What's the problem? no account so just delete the message that's what I do.