Shamima Begum

Message added by nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

We should hand her over to the Yanks . They have a nice little place for people like her,  Guantanamo .

Someone hasn't been keeping up with the news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47269887

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

The apologists wont like that . 

Not at all, I think most people would be fine with that.

2 hours ago, danot said:

That's not a solution though. It's persecution if anything. Personally, I don't want any self confessed members of Isis in this country so I appreciate how frustrated you are but the persecution of her closest family members is definitely not the solution. 

she'll more than likeky be invited back to Britain, given psycho evaluations, seen as a victim of grooming, given counciling, repatriated under a new identify before fulfilling her destiny.  

Hey-oh...

This cannot be allowed to happen . 

2 hours ago, danot said:

That's not a solution though. It's persecution if anything. Personally, I don't want any self confessed members of Isis in this country so I appreciate how frustrated you are but the persecution of her closest family members is definitely not the solution. 

she'll more than likeky be invited back to Britain, given psycho evaluations, seen as a victim of grooming, given counciling, repatriated under a new identify before fulfilling her destiny.  

Hey-oh...

This cannot be allowed to happen . 

Just watched some more of the Sky interview with her. In her own words, the only people she is apologising to is her immediate family, no one else. 

She also stated that the executions of UK aid workers Alan Henning & David Haines, amongst others who were beheaded, were justified in Islam. 

Three questions that I'd like to know the answers too?

1. Who is the child's father? Begum might have been an 'innocent' teenager when she left the UK but she she clearly wasn't when she gave birth for the third time. 

2. Who's the child's father & is he still alive? 

3. What do you tell the child when he asks about his father in the future? With such a high profile story, you can hardly lie to him about the circumstances under which he was conceived. 

58 minutes ago, Bob Arctor said:

Are we now turning our backs on the girls in Rotherham and Rochdale and elsewhere who were groomed, on the basis that they "knew what they were getting into"? Some of them were 15 when they decided to go off with the men. 

What a crap comment ,these lasses were raped by sub humans who should be locked up and the key thrown away .

1 hour ago, Bob Arctor said:

Are we now turning our backs on the girls in Rotherham and Rochdale and elsewhere who were groomed, on the basis that they "knew what they were getting into"? Some of them were 15 when they decided to go off with the men. 

They were coerced into a life they couldn't escape from. Hardly the same as turning your back on your country, on whats proper and right, joining a death cult of your own free will, then begging your country to take you back because you've become personally inconvenienced by the situation you put yourself in.  She chose to become one of those savages and in my eyes she'll alwsys remain one. 

16 minutes ago, danot said:

They were coerced into a life they couldn't escape from. Hardly the same as turning your back on your country, on whats proper and right, joining a death cult of your own free will, then begging your country to take you back because you've become personally inconvenienced by the situation you put yourself in.  She chose to become one of those savages and in my eyes she'll alwsys remain one. 

When Shamima Begum left  the  UK with her friends,  the media was full of how they had been groomed.  The only differences that I can  see from what happened in Rochdale and Rotherham  are the purposes for which they were groomed and the fact that the victims in one instance are Muslims and in the other they are not.  The process was the same.