Shamima Begum

Message added by nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

8 minutes ago, danot said:

The girls who were groomed and repeatedly raped would prefer that it hadn't happened but Begum has no regrets at all. She obviously stands by her baby's father and his cause. 

She does, and it remains to be seen whether she will stick to that or not. As someone pointed out, she joined a cult. So she currently poses a risk, for sure, and that risk needs to be dealt with, and it's not tenable that her child remain with her, but none of those things prevent her from returning to the UK. 

2 hours ago, bendix said:

I have little sympathy for her, except insofar as she was a child when she made this appalling decision.  

I'm a conservative, but sometimes when I read Sheffield Forum I have to shake my head at the hatred and bigotry I see here.  And then I remember:  parts of Sheffield are UKIP / BF strongholds and it all makes sense.

I'm reading EP Thompson's The Making of the English Working Class at the moment.  It's fascinating, particularly in its treatment of Sheffield as a leading light in the gradual awakening of political self-awareness of the working class in this country, and the role its reformist and liberal groups played in the development of democracy.  Those leaders would turn in their graves today.

I have read Thomsons book and a lot of it is utter crap.

The English working class are now sick to the teeth with the luvvy twits that have taken Labour over, They are sick of the excuses that come out of many immigrant communities for the behaviour of their youth.

This has resulted in Brexit ,A move that our class saw as way of hitting back at these  so called intellectuals  in the Labour Party and the Capitalist nepotism that gets people into Parliament  due to birth and privilege , this is prevalent in all three major parties.

41 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

The English working class are now sick to the teeth with the luvvy twits that have taken Labour over, They are sick of the excuses that come out of many immigrant communities for the behaviour of their youth.

This has resulted in Brexit ,A move that our class saw as way of hitting back at these  so called intellectuals  in the Labour Party and the Capitalist nepotism that gets people into Parliament  due to birth and privilege , this is prevalent in all three major parties.

Well he was right in some respects.  A prevailing theme of the working class self-realisation was innate Nationalism and hatred of johnny foreigner. And other races.

You're doing a good job proving him to be spot on.

2 hours ago, bendix said:

Well he was right in some respects.  A prevailing theme of the working class self-realisation was innate Nationalism and hatred of johnny foreigner. And other races.

You're doing a good job proving him to be spot on.

Well ,I can say that without a shadow of doubt I am not Anti Semitic unlike a few on here and many in Corbyn's inner circle .

7 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Well ,I can say that without a shadow of doubt I am not Anti Semitic unlike a few on here and many in Corbyn's inner circle .

Well done you.  It's encouraging to learn that you're intolerant only about one group of semitic people, not all of them.

Way to go.

3 hours ago, Albert smith said:

You do realise that the English working class also includes descendents of immigrants or is it only white people who you define as English? 

The Manchester Arena attack was “justified” because of airstrikes that have killed civilians in Syria, Shamima Begum has claimed.

But she compared the Manchester bombing to the "women and children in [Isis territory] being killed right now unjustly with the bombings", adding: "It’s a two-way thing really because women and children are being killed in the Islamic State right now and it’s kind of retaliation. Their justification was that it’s retaliation so I thought ok that is a fair justification.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/shamima-begum-isis-interview-manchester-bombing-terror-attack-syria-airstrikes-a8784741.html

Keep her out.

Edited by Guest