Shamima Begum

Message added by nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

21 minutes ago, danot said:

Military strikes havent targeted inoccent civilians though, so what's behind her reasoning?

Really?

There's a major movie out at the moment about a journalist called Marie Colvin who was murdered in a targetted airstrike by the Syrian military.

Now as far as I know, journalists are innocent civillians unless you subscribe to the Trump/Putin/Erdogan view that the mainstream media is a legitimate target.

4 hours ago, bendix said:

Scotland Yard have already said that unless it can be proven she has committed illegal acts in Syria, she currently faces no terrorism charges by simply going there.

On your first point, absolutely not.  It is perfectly legal to travel anywhere.

On the second, yes.  She would have been travelling with false documents so that could be thrown at her.  At best it would be a fine.

As I have said, as a UK citizen she should be allowed to return and be investigated to see what charges can be brought, if any.   Revoking her citizenship is likely illegal and has been done to pander to base instincts. 

So your proposal is to bring her back to the UK and then give her a fine at worst? 

10 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Well that says it all.  At least the poor tax payer isn’t paying her leagal costs, so far.

The poor tax payer has got to cough up £43 million pounds for Boris Johnsons failed  garden bridge project. Let her come here if only  for her childs sake if nothing else.  In her position I would have said anything in favour of Isis just to make sure they didn't kill me. before I got away.

48 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Frankly....It's Sickening to ME that you are falling for it...!

THEY ARE EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD.

Jeez......Wake up....!

You honestly can't see that there is something wrong going on when you watch her on the TV?

It's like a "what kids think" show as they try to explain what cryptocurrency is or something, just making it up as they go along with no real concept of reality beyond what they heard someone else say.

Either that or she really is monumentally stupid, a simpleton, in which case she's no threat whatsoever.

Regardless, it's irrelevant. It's not about her, it's about the rights of *every* British citizen.

As before, there have already been hundreds who have come back without any fanfare, why are you so upset about this one girl?

By all accounts, she hasn't actually done anything particularly serious & stupidity is not a crime. :roll:

30 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

So your proposal is to bring her back to the UK and then give her a fine at worst?

How about she comes back and just gets what she deserves for what she's done, based on the evidence and the laws of the land, as per any other British citizen?

Edited by Magilla

27 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

If she does come back, social services will almost certainly take her kid into care. 

And on the question of her citizenship, it is not just a case of whether she has other citizenship available to her. Even if she is elegible to Dutch citizenship, if the UK government tries to remove her citizenship without her being convicted of anything or any proof that she poses a threat or has refused to partake in a 'scheme', she may end up with a huge compensation payout which will have the hang 'em & flog 'em brigade spitting their cornflakes all over their keyboards! 😱

If she's in a refugee camp with other women who are none ISIS (they having been kept captive or whose husbands have been tortured or killed) or women who've been raped by Isis men. How come they don't kill her and any other ISIS brides.

Or are all of them in the camp ISIS ?

The more I think about this, the more puzzled I am.

Edited by deedah
Added to post

7 hours ago, Shunter said:

Who will be paying for the families legal bills when they start the appeal process? 

Probably be some terrorist apologists who will start a crowd funding appeal to pay for her terrorist sympathising  lawyer to try and make out she had a troubled childhood and came from a broken home and we should all feel sorry for her.

9 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

How about no?

So in reality, you want to be more like ISIS, get rid of anything that upsets your sensibilities... no need for anything as 'inconvenient' as justice or the rule of law.

Not that that wasn't already entirely clear, but can't you see the irony... just a little? :roll:

9 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd rather national security and the safety of our children came first.

Emotive hyperbolic guff. Ignoring her and pretending she doesn't exist isn't going to help you with that, just means you have no idea what's going on.

If she's done anything to jeapordise national security, it'd be far better we had her here to ask her about it and hold her to account.