Shamima Begum

Message added by nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

20 minutes ago, L00b said:

More seriously, she should be taken back. And cared for etc. since we want to show IS sympathisers that we're the better people. But then, also put through the intelligence wringer to extract every last bit of information she knows about IS, its structure, its people, its networks, etc.

These are the exact same 2 things that also crossed my mind. Intelligence and PR.

If it was my choice (which obviously it isn't 😛 ) then no dont let her back, but I would allow the baby here as it is an innocent and not going to have the best of lives there, it would go up for adoption and the family have no rights to it, total fresh start.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Weeell, I understand that Mr Mogg is quite the churchgoer, so he's probably still fluent with the parable of the prodigal son. Unlike most posters on here, by the look of posts :D

The Bulger killers weren't put before a firing squad or the noose, neither was Harold Shipman: some posters should get some perspective.

More seriously, she should be taken back. And cared for etc. since we want to show IS sympathisers that we're the better people. But then, also put through the intelligence wringer to extract every last bit of information she knows about IS, its structure, its people, its networks, etc.

IS sympathisers dont think like 'normal' people. They cant be educated around to our way of thinking.

We can put her through the intelligence wringer in some dusty intelligence compound over there- and no doubt she will be.  Although she'll probably feed us mis-information as why would she want to harm IS? 

Having her back is as good as welcoming a spy into the country