Shamima Begum

Message added by nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I think it's extraordinarily lame of you to try and play a game of 'they did it too, so that makes it Ok', or 'two wrongs make a right'.

If we followed that line of thought, we'd be chopping of heads and burning people alive before we know where we are.

Halibut. But didn't you start the "They did it too game" when you outed the RAF?

43 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Perhaps those Germans that bombed OUR City tried to miss the civilian areas , Oh wait a minute I seem to remember the Moor , High Street,The Wicker and so on getting flattened along with all those buried under the Marples pub .

Do you and your mate Top Hat remember those bomb sites ,did you and your families have to shelter under ground to hope that the  next bomb falling did not have your name on it.

You're out of order for having a go at Top Hat in this way. 

54 minutes ago, danot said:

We're already their enemy?  It's what they'll be planning when they return that worries me. 

Of course you're worried, I worry too about about safety and security and the risk of further disasters.

But the alternative decision of not allowing their return could have much worse future consequences,

I watched an ITV interview  with Jack Letts who also wants to return here, he too appeared very disturbed and troubled. Did anyone see it?

Sorry to be so brief on the details, I've tried to post a link from the website  but couldn't do it from this device. 

3 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Of course you're worried, I worry too about about safety and security and the risk of further disasters.

But the alternative decision of not allowing their return could have much worse future consequences,

I watched an ITV interview  with Jack Letts who also wants to return here, he too appeared very disturbed and troubled. Did anyone see it?

Sorry to be so brief on the details, I've tried to post a link from the website  but couldn't do it from this device. 

How would not allowing their return to Britain make things worse. Or increase the level of  risk they pose?

Just now, danot said:

How would not allowing their return to Britain make things worse. Or increase the level of  risk they pose?

Because otherwise you've got a big bunch of ex-terrorists knocking about in a failed state with time on their hands. You might recall Osama bin Laden found himself in a similar situation in afghanistan and got up to all sorts of mischief.

1 minute ago, janie48 said:

Think about it. 

Sorry, ive just spoon fed it. Hopefully it will be fully digested!

2 minutes ago, danot said:

Because if they are allowed to return to Britain then they will be locked up and if they are not allowed to return to Britain, then there is a big chance they will be set free as President Trump has warned us about.

1 minute ago, janie48 said:

Think about it. 

Serious question. How would refusing their return to Britain increase the level of risk they pose? I understand that it my trigger others to join the cause but to what extent should we appease them?

No country allows themselves to be held to ransom by terrorists, it's never an option, so I'm asking the question. Serious question..