Shamima Begum

Message added by nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

10 hours ago, WasThatWise said:

Any death is sad, people political point scoring on the back of it is sadder.

This^

10 hours ago, blake said:

no it wasn't. At the time of its birth neither of its parents were British. It might have become British later on in its life, but at the time it died, the child wasn't British.  The child wasn't any nationality. It was a stateless person, or in this case, a stateless baby.  

somebody, somewhere, has to decide whether somebody else is a British subject. Nobody gets it 100% automatically.  Of course if you're born in Britain and both your parents have valid British passports that haven't been cancelled, it is pretty much a slam dunk that you're British, but you're not totally 100% you are until you apply for a passport yourself. 

The Home Secretary Himself confirmed that the baby was a British Citizen.

7 hours ago, K1Machine said:

I cant believe some of the bickering and nit picking on this thread.

Remember an innocent baby has died. This kid did no harm to anyone regardless of who his mum was.

RIP little fella.

This ^ and RIP all the others blameless innocents.

12 hours ago, Halibut said:

Del Babu, former Met Police Chief Superintendent said -    "We've failed, as a country, to safeguard the child.

"This was an entirely avoidable death of a British citizen. The family reached out to the Home Office, requested help, the Home Office sent a reply saying you've come to the wrong department.

"There was no attempt to help by the Home Office. I think it's shocking how the home secretary has treated this situation."

Diane Abbot, shadow home secretary tweeted  "It is against international law to make someone stateless, and now an innocent child has died as a result of a British woman being stripped of her citizenship. This is callous and inhumane."

I agree with Del and Diane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47500387

The child's life was of no import. It never was.

The buck does stop with Javid on this one.

9 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

This^

The Home Secretary Himself confirmed that the baby was a British Citizen.

This ^ and RIP all the others blameless innocents.

The child's life was of no import. It never was.

The buck does stop with Javid on this one.

Three kids, all dead within five years. 

Sajid Javid has simply put the welfare of this nation first. Personally,  I'd expect nothing less, he has a duty to protect the British public and the interests of this nation . 

But, I accept that the baby's death most probably was preventable.  If only the heavily pregnant Begum hadn't been so wrapped-up in her own welfare and dire situation when she was interviewed. if only she had expressed a flicker of remorse, or felt the slightest bit of sympathy for the countless victims slaughtered by Isis (Manchester bombing comparison she made)  rather than telling the UK that she's the one being victimised,  that she's the one who deserves our sympathy. If only her unborn baby had been her number one priority, if only she'd offered to give it up when  Sajid Javid presented the opportunity instead of gambling with its life in order to blackmail Sajid Javid and secure her return to Britain, he might have had something to answer for.  

Edited by danot

3 minutes ago, danot said:

Three kids, all dead within five years. 

Sajid Javid has simply put the welfare of this nation first. Personally,  I'd expect nothing less, he has a duty to protect the British public and the interests of this nation . 

But, I accept that the baby's death most probably was preventable.  If only the heavily pregnant Begum hadn't been so wrapped-up in her own welfare and dire situation when she was interviewed. if only she had expressed a flicker of remorse, or felt the slightest bit of sympathy for the countless victims slaughtered by Isis (Manchester bombing comparison she made)  rather than telling the UK that she's the one being victimised,  that she's the one who deserves our sympathy. If only her unborn baby had been her number one priority, if only she'd offered to give it up when  Sajid Javid presented the opportunity instead of using gambling with its life in order to blackmail Sajid Javid and secure her return to Britain, he might have  something to answer for.  

:thumbsup:.  Can"t argue with that post Danot,  Spot on.

7 minutes ago, Halibut said:

The dead baby, Jarrah, was born a British citizen. What did this country do to help him?

His mother was a British citizen and should have been brought home.

No decision by the home office denied the baby his British citizenship. Begum herself denied her baby son British citizenship because she didnt give it up. She was using him as a bargaining chip. 'If I stay, he stays', so to speak. 

Whether you want to accept it or not, you are her enemy. She is committed to bringing about the destruction of western civilisation.  Times-are-a-changing.  Hooray to that.

5 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

She is a terrorist . And as such should never be allowed to set foot in this country again. As i posted last night, only terrorist sympathisers would call for her to be allowed to return. 

Also , two more British  terrorist birds have been stripped of their british citizenship . 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6791601/Britain-strips-two-IS-brides-citizenship.html

( This story is also in other papers this morning, but i can`t  see them because of my Ad Blocker ) 

What did we do to offer help to her British baby son, who was entirely blameless?

7 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

She is a terrorist . And as such should never be allowed to set foot in this country again. As i posted last night, only terrorist sympathisers would call for her to be allowed to return. 

Also , two more British  terrorist birds have been stripped of their british citizenship . 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6791601/Britain-strips-two-IS-brides-citizenship.html

( This story is also in other papers this morning, but i can`t  see them because of my Ad Blocker ) 

A British terrorist then, she should have been allowed home and then arrested and charged with whatever offences were appropriate.

Just now, Cyclone said:

A British terrorist then, she should have been allowed home and then arrested and charged with whatever offences were appropriate.

Which would also ensure that her baby received proper care.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What did we do to offer help to her British baby son, who was entirely blameless?

she was using that baby as a tool in an attempt to get back to the uk. she failed . she is a vile person . Its sad a child has died,but the fault lies with her, no one else. 

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

she was using that baby as a tool in an attempt to get back to the uk. she failed . she is a vile person . Its sad a child has died,but the fault lies with her, no one else. 

This country made no effort at all to help the child. Therefore, part of the fault lies with us. Had the political will been there that child could been given good medical care.