"Mother" is no longer a gender specific term??

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

A mother will always be the parent who gives birth. A father will always be the parent who got the mother pregnant. A woman born a woman will always be a woman. A man born a man will always be a man. People can "identify" however they wish, and the law can even recognise this self identification, but equally, facts are facts.

I think if you stick to the "facts of life" I have to agree with your post.  I believe this proves the point . 

The sex of an individual is determined by a pair of sex chromosomes. Females typically have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX), and are called the homogametic sex. Males typically have two different kinds of sex chromosomes (XY), and are called the heterogametic sex.

Angel1.

3 hours ago, neworderishere said:

well we really are at the bottom of the sink hole, lawyers say the word "Mother" is no longer gender specific?? really?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/14/mother-no-longer-gender-specific-term-government-lawyers-say/

Sums up what is wrong with modern society. Pathetic 

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

What's it matter? Let them get on with it.

You are born  either a bloke or a bird. One or the other . No such thing as gender neutral.  

19 minutes ago, FinBak said:

I think a lot of this stems from 'Upbringing'...

How these Children are brought up.  What kind of environment etc.

when you say upbringing and brought up, i think you meant to say radicalised by their liberal lefty all inclusive everyone can be whatever they want to be parents, dope smoking hippy green lovies who live in their own happy clappy world whilst dressing their boys in pink dresses, its influenced by upbringing end of!

3 hours ago, 26b-6 said:

If mother is no longer be gender specific, then we'll need another word  for the womb in which, you, I  and future babies are born from...?

Is a surrogate mother a mother, or just a doner that helped a woman become a mother?