"Mother" is no longer a gender specific term??

Yes... spare a thought for the trans 'women' who are unable to get pregnant, or who have never experienced a period or the pains!

These 'women' are oppressed because they are unable to become pregnant!

'Mother' is offensive because it isn't inclusive enough...

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

Yes... spare a thought for the trans 'women' who are unable to get pregnant, or who have never experienced a period or the pains!

These 'women' are oppressed because they are unable to become pregnant!

'Mother' is offensive because it isn't inclusive enough...

Why single-out  'trans' women ? Why not say any woman whose menstrual cycle is irregular or women who can't conceive naturally? 

4 hours ago, danot said:

Why single-out  'trans' women ? Why not say any woman whose menstrual cycle is irregular or women who can't conceive naturally? 

We guys can't conceive naturally either but, apparently, we are all the same now, can't wait for the cards next month. Always hated waiting until June.

22 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

A mother will always be the parent who gives birth. A father will always be the parent who got the mother pregnant. A woman born a woman will always be a woman. A man born a man will always be a man. People can "identify" however they wish, and the law can even recognise this self identification, but equally, facts are facts.

It would be quicker if you just said "I AM GAMMON", the caps will help as well.

20 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think if you stick to the "facts of life" I have to agree with your post.  I believe this proves the point . 

The sex of an individual is determined by a pair of sex chromosomes. Females typically have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX), and are called the homogametic sex. Males typically have two different kinds of sex chromosomes (XY), and are called the heterogametic sex.

Angel1.

You've confused sex and gender.

16 hours ago, danot said:

Is a surrogate mother a mother, or just a doner that helped a woman become a mother?

And adoptive mothers, presumably the "person who bore the child" brigade object to these people being called mothers.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Racist.

Is it "gammon" to state reality? I could self identify as a Martian, it doesn't make it so.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Racist.

Is it "gammon" to state reality? I could self identify as a Martian, it doesn't make it 

Men and women may be devided into two gender classes, with our bodies determining gender, but that doesn't mean our bodies define gender. Who we are is what defines us, not what our bodies look like. 

1 minute ago, danot said:

Men and women may be devided into two gender classes, with our bodies determining gender, but that doesn't mean our bodies define gender. Who we are is what defines us, not what our bodies look like. 

What's the difference between determining and defining gender?

Which part, if any, of my post was incorrect? 

"A mother will always be the parent who gives birth. A father will always be the parent who got the mother pregnant. A woman born a woman will always be a woman. A man born a man will always be a man. People can "identify" however they wish, and the law can even recognise this self identification, but equally, facts are facts."

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

If you want to identify as a Martian, you go for it.

Anyone who objects hasn't got enough going on in their lives.

Whether anyone objects or not doesn't affect whether it's true.

Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

What's the difference between determining and defining gender?

Which part, if any, of my post was incorrect? 

"A mother will always be the parent who gives birth. A father will always be the parent who got the mother pregnant. A woman born a woman will always be a woman. A man born a man will always be a man. People can "identify" however they wish, and the law can even recognise this self identification, but equally, facts are facts."

I didn't mean to quote you. Apologies.