"Mother" is no longer a gender specific term??

The difference between determining gender and what defines gender is- society determines which of the two gender classes a person belongs to based on their body when  its actually the psyche that  defines which gender, if any, we identify with.  

Edited by danot

8 hours ago, Cyclone said:

The sex of an individual is determined by a pair of sex chromosomes. Females typically have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX), and are called the homogametic sex. Males typically have two different kinds of sex chromosomes (XY), and are called the heterogametic sex.

Angel1.

You've confused sex and gender.

I think not. It was a direct quote from a medical research type article. I can't find the damn thing either. just when I wanted to.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

You've confused sex and gender.

I think not. It was a direct quote from a medical research type article. I can't find the damn thing either. just when I wanted to.

Angel1.

That's not the point of confusion.  You've given the definition of sex when that isn't in question.

9 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Racist.

Is it "gammon" to state reality? I could self identify as a Martian, it doesn't make it so.

Racist.  Wow, you're pretty confused about this whole thing aren't you.

On 16/02/2019 at 11:04, WiseOwl182 said:

A woman born a woman will always be a woman. A man born a man will always be a man. 

This is pretty much the definition of transphobia.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Racist.  Wow, you're pretty confused about this whole thing aren't you.

Gammon is a racist term.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

This is pretty much the definition of transphobia.

No it isn't. 'Transphobia' (not really the right term since phobia implies fear) is *discrimination* against transgender people. 

6 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I'll take no lessons from that vile excuse of a man. He says "affluent white men" are not a race. Really? If you can only apply gammon to white people then it is racist, in the same way as an insult that could only be used on black people is racist too. Just look at the comments section as well.

Utter hypocrisy.

Edited by WiseOwl182

18 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Gammon is a racist term.

No it isn't. 'Transphobia' (not really the right term since phobia implies fear) is *discrimination* against transgender people. 

Refusal to accept that someone has transitioned gender is an example of transphobia.  A textbook example in fact.

And yes, we all know that the phobia originally meant fear of.  But that's not what it means with reference to homophobia, transphobia or other types of discriminatory characterisation is it.

Edited by Cyclone

4 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Well, no, clearly not.  Caucasian is.  But affluence nor gender are part of race are they.

Would it be ok to use a derogatory race-specific term about affluent black males then? No. So it shouldn't be against white people either. It's also ageist too (an ist that the left don't tend to bother about too much).