A new small political party

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:08, melthebell said:

I'd rather the lib dems or greens doing better

Same here. But with the 2 main parties both being firmly up their own backsides and more interested in ideological purity than serving the common good this move has to be welcomed and encouraged.

I do think that The Independent Group will need to do a lot more to work with the Liberal Democrats and the Greens. And that means that the likes of our local TIG MP Angela Smith will need to cast aside their previous tribalism in order to get things done. 

2 minutes ago, Stoatwobbler said:

Same here. But with the 2 main parties both being firmly up their own backsides and more interested in ideological purity than serving the common good this move has to be welcomed and encouraged.

I do think that The Independent Group will need to do a lot more to work with the Liberal Democrats and the Greens. And that means that the likes of our local TIG MP Angela Smith will need to cast aside their previous tribalism in order to get things done. 

cant agree more fella, just a lil worried they maybe close to tory lite than lib dems or greens

On 20/02/2019 at 16:50, Top Cats Hat said:

Which presumably is why he came within a week of winning the 2017 election?

I think that a more centrist/inclusive Labour would have won the 2017 election. The Tories campaign was an absolute disaster. At the  worst they'd have been very close to the Tories.

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

cant agree more fella, just a lil worried they maybe close to tory lite than lib dems or greens

That's the thing.

For all the talk of the 'centre ground', all eight Labour MPs are on the right of the party and all three Tories were more than happy to back Osborne's austerity measure during the coalition years.

On 20/02/2019 at 15:00, Top Cats Hat said:

They have all left their respective parties because of their handling of Brexit. 

There is already a party between the two mainstream parties but the electorate has already rejected them in the last two elections.

Leave over Brexit alone, I think not.

Seven MPs have quit the party citing the leadership's handling of anti-Semitism in the party, as well as its Brexit stance, as their reason for leaving. Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey announced their resignations at a press conference.Ms Berger said she had come to the "sickening conclusion" that the party had become institutionally anti-Semitic and that she was "embarrassed and ashamed" to stay.

Angel1.

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

Who claimed that all eleven they left over Brexit alone?

You are trolling again, you yourself said, 

On 20/02/2019 at 15:00, Top Cats Hat said:

"They have all left their respective parties because of their handling of Brexit. 

There is already a party between the two mainstream parties but the electorate has already rejected them in the last two elections."

You really should remember what you have posted.

Angel1.