The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

30 minutes ago, woodview said:

The discussion is about if they should get membership, which they have applied for and in process of.

I assume you mean a 'secular' Turkey might be?

Why is the membership still in-process? It's only suspended. Why was it even started?

Yes sorry, you are correct

Membership is still in process but it’s effectively mothballed now

1 hour ago, woodview said:

How would having the largest block of MEPs coming from a muslim country affect things? 

What do you mean by a Muslim country? 

A Muslim state or a country where the majority of citizens adhere to Islam? A Muslim state would never be admitted to the EU as you would never get convergence on laws with a country that has the death penalty, and laws that discriminate against women, gay people and citizens of a differing religion.

A modern secular Turkey which shared European laws and values would be an asset to the EU.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

If you think Germany and France objecting and they hold vetoes and that doesn't include Greece and Cyprus who can also veto is your idea of  progress then you really haven't got a clue.

Edited by ez8004

I’m not sure how many EU countries are in favour of Turkey joining the EU, but if there is only one, then that is one to many for me.

If the EU has had talks with Turkey, even if it was in the past and  mulling with idea of Turkey joining, then that alone for me is one good reason to leave the EU.

I do believe at some stage in the future the EU will start talks  with Turkey about membership of the EU.

31 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I’m not sure how many EU countries are in favour of Turkey joining the EU, but if there is only one, then that is one to many for me.

If the EU has had talks with Turkey, even if it was in the past and  mulling with idea of Turkey joining, then that alone for me is one good reason to leave the EU.

I do believe at some stage in the future the EU will start talks  with Turkey about membership of the EU.

Fortunately the one that was strongly in favour is leaving the EU.

the question is - why is it ‘to many’ (sic) for you? It is clear you don’t understand how the EU works from that statement alone. All it needs is one EU nation against it and it’ll never happen. Now ring a Greek friend.

56 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Fortunately the one that was strongly in favour is leaving the EU.

the question is - why is it ‘to many’ (sic) for you? It is clear you don’t understand how the EU works from that statement alone. All it needs is one EU nation against it and it’ll never happen. Now ring a Greek friend.

You showed another example of an ill informed or uneducated Leave supporter. 

7 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

You showed another example of an ill informed or uneducated Leave supporter. 

Unfortunate typical keyboard warrior comment.

Have the discussion like a normal person, by throwing in 'uneducated' you expose your bitter prejudice against anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Yeah, insult people, that'll win them over.

Do I need to win them over? I am tired of educating pork. You and others have shown a determined willingness to be stubborn in the face of overwhelming reasoning that your opinions are wrong or ill judged. This is just an other example. I am simply calling it as it is. 

Plans are afoot to stop us crashing off a cliff. A no deal planned to be ruled out along with a delay or cancelling of Article 50. 

Great news and excellent demonstration of our sovereign Parliament. 

Edited by ez8004