The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

7 minutes ago, woodview said:

I'll find out all about in a few weeks I suppose. I'll give you a call for a bit of subcontract consultancy, if my USA, NZ and Australia exports get stuck 😉

Take a ticket and get in line. Or pay more than the others :wink:

Speaking of imports and exports, those new VAT rules on 1st April are gonna be a killer for your cashflow if there's no deal. Hope you're provisioned and contingency-ready for it.

Edited by L00b

50 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What do you  think is going to be smuggled into the UK via the Irish border that isn't  crossing the Irish border into Northern Ireland now? 

Who knows?

Surely that will depend on what trade deals are done with the EU and the rest of the world. Despite the crackpot idea that all imports will have 0% import tax on them making everything cheaper, the reality is that tariffs will be all over the place and there will almost certainly be goods that will be well worth smuggling across the border in each direction as well as people of course.

Believe me, it will be a lot more than red diesel crossing the border.

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

Take a ticket and get in line. Or pay more than the others :wink:

Speaking of imports and exports, those new VAT rules on 1st April are gonna be a killer for your cashflow if there's no deal. Hope you're provisioned and contingency-ready for it.

It won't have a noticible impact on my cashflow, thanks. 

I was at a Leave means Leave rally, which was a full house in Gateshead, and I was very impressed with Kate Hoey, a very good speaker.  She said there will be no pleasing the EU bureaucrats with the Northern Ireland backstop. They will find something to complain about what ever government tries to do.

She also said we didn’t spend 30 years stopping the IRA killing soldiers and police in order to get a united Ireland.  

Morrisons and Wetherspoons are already buying products from outside the EU Incase there is a no deal.  They must realise it’s a waste of time negotiating with the EU, we have gone as far as we can.  Time to walk away.

48 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Morrisons and Wetherspoons are already buying products from outside the EU Incase there is a no deal.  

They will always have bought products from outside the EU and I imagine will continue to do so regardless of a deal or no deal.

9 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Exactly. The EU haven't budged on anything. They're playing hardball. As a reluctant Remainer in the first referendum, this kind of treatment is likely to swing me to Leave.

They should at least give a little. We've been one of the biggest net contributors since it's inception. It's supposed to be a democratic state. The countries are supposed  to be allies . They'd risk the peace in Ireland rather than lose our contribution, which speaks volumes.

They're not playing, our MPs though it was a game, the other 26 member states took it seriously from the state.  That's why we've only presented a deal to the EU 2 months before the deadline, and the rest of the time was spent making empty promises to the media.