The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

4 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

You're not familiar with the rise of the far right in modern Germany then? 

Looking at some of the Nationalistic xenophobic rubbish on here we have a similar problem

Just now, Lex Luthor said:

Here we go, simplistic, sloppy, unfounded generalisations.  Reminds me of Anna Soulbury 

I think Mister M’s comments were a lot more reasoned than your response,which really says .....nothing.

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

Just caught the news about James sunny uplands arch-Brexiteer Dyson moving his UK HQ to Singapore in the coming weeks or months, citing "future-proofing reasons"...

...I'm sure Singapore's ultra-low corporate tax and very recent FTA with the EU had nothing to do with these "future-proofing" plans :twisted:

I mean, why move? After all, the plan for the Brexited UK by like-minded Brexit-pushing captains of industry is to become the european Singapore, right?

And then ardent Leavers are scathing about Remainers for not getting behind Brexit! :lol:

I thought he'd made it clear that it is to do with his focus on the new Dyson car which has been working with Singapore technologies for a while. 

2 hours ago, L00b said:

On the topic of which: a fabulous thread was posted on Twitter today, about all those (72) laws which the EU forced on the UK since 1996. Enjoy:

The condescending title and fist paragraph set the tone nicely.

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave. That should make things easier.

Thanks Loob. 😉

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

The condescending title and fist paragraph set the tone nicely.

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave. That should make things easier.

Thanks Loob. 😉

You still seem confused about what the EU is

18 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you think the far right have greater influence here or in Germany?

Read this and tell me what you think... 

https://www.thelocal.de/20180923/one-year-on-from-election-far-right-has-transformed-german-politics

And there have already been discussions about a potential Dexit. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

21 minutes ago, woodview said:

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave.

Nah, you simply failed to comprehend it.

Those are just the bits the UK didn't support, hardly anything.... the central point of the piece.

Edited by Magilla

11 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Read this and tell me what you think... 

https://www.thelocal.de/20180923/one-year-on-from-election-far-right-has-transformed-german-politics

And there have already been discussions about a potential Dexit. 

The far rights even more popular in eastern europe

9 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Nah, you simply failed to comprehend it.

Those are just the bits the UK didn't support, hardly anything.... they are only a tiny tiny fraction of the total.

No, I failed to read it.  When the opening sentence is "ALL THEM RULES INNIT" , the writer is obviously both patronising and pushing an agenda. His attitude implies a biased monologue, I wouldn't give him the time of day. I detest condescending people regardless of their opinion, so his team is wasted on me.