The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

How many migrants are entering the EU since the summer of 2015? You might recall that the EU proposed an intervention to prevent people to come here, despite Merkel's message.

What point are your trying to make?  It's a fact there was a European migrant crisis in the summer of 2015 and it dominated the news throughout the summer.  The pictures on the news showed mainly fit young men moving from one EU country to another EU country.  Cameron was unlucky the EU migrant crisis happened so soon after he won the 2015 General Election with a manifesto to hold an EU referendum.

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What point are your trying to make?  It's a fact there was a European migrant crisis in the summer of 2015 and it dominated the news throughout the summer.  The pictures on the news showed mainly fit young men moving from one EU country to another EU country.  Cameron was unlucky the EU migrant crisis happened so soon after he won the 2015 General Election with a manifesto to hold an EU referendum.

I'm calling you out on your 'facts'. Give me facts?

22 hours ago, woodview said:

It's Jesus wept! He wasnt so dismayed he decided to have a good tidy up 😀

I know. https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search/?&q="Jesus Wept"&author=Phanerothyme&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

But hey. It wasn't really aimed at you anyway. So listen carefully to that whooshing noise, and go about your business, cheers.

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

I thought he'd made it clear that it is to do with his focus on the new Dyson car which has been working with Singapore technologies for a while. 

So he's moving his corporate headquarters and corporate tax domiciliation halfway around the world, because of a new and unproven, unlaunched product line?

Hey...I've got a nice bridge to sell. Interested? :D

Edited by L00b

24 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The right wing press are always conjuring up a "migrant crisis" - with the help of some elements in the Tory party. Look no further than the "crisis" that is the "influx of boat people from France".

During the Blair government there was hardly a day went past without some sort of headline about "bogus asylum seekers" or similar.

2 hours ago, woodview said:

The condescending title and fist paragraph set the tone nicely.

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave. That should make things easier.

Thanks Loob. 😉

You seem to have missed the balance of 4,500-odd EU laws, which the UK happily endorsed.

What's those 72 'forced' ones, relative to that balance , as a percentage?

Can't be ar5ed calculating it for you, just look at the pie chart. Second post in the Twitter thread, one down from the first one you saw, so you don't have to suffer much more condescension.

You're most welcome ;)

Edited by L00b

7 minutes ago, phil752 said:

I thought Germany  and France was the EU

I think you might find a few hundred million people in the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Denmark, Greece, Bulgaria etc etc might just disagree with that.

24 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think you might find a few hundred million people in the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Denmark, Greece, Bulgaria etc etc might just disagree with that.

it was a joke 😀 . I think you missed a few countries out, but apt or are you saying they are not the power behind the EU

Edited by phil752