The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

13 minutes ago, phil752 said:

it was a joke 😀 . I think you missed a few out, but apt or are you saying they are not the power behind the EU

Don't give up your day job 😉

They're certainly influential and along with the other founder members have done a damn good job in bringing peace and prosperity to the continent - hence the desire of other countries to join.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Don't give up your day job 😉

They're certainly influential and along with the other founder members have done a damn good job in bringing peace and prosperity to the continent - hence the desire of other countries to join.

nice jib. you really saying other countries joining now or in the near past have done it,  for peace? I agree a lot have done it  for prosperity, as most are not net contributor.

Edited by phil752

2 minutes ago, phil752 said:

nice jib. you really saying other countries joining now or in the near past have done it,  for peace? I agree a lot have done it  for prosperity, as most are not net contributor.

The two ,  peace and prosperity, largely go hand in hand.

Not all people think how they can individually benefit from a situation - a lot think what's best for everybody.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The two ,  peace and prosperity, largely go hand in hand.

Not all people think how they can individually benefit from a situation - a lot think what's best for everybody.

I quite disagree the EU , peace is a red herring, how has it worked out for Greece. The EU has made vast amount from debt of non aligned tax countries, who can not pay for their loans. It is assimilation by stealth. 

Edited by phil752

2 hours ago, apelike said:

Because at sometime in the near future there will be no more cheap labour coming from the newer members to supply the developed EU countries with. What happens when the newer members economies start growing enough that jobs in those countries are no longer scarce and the people in those countries dont have to go elsewhere for a job. Just where will the developed economies then get their cheap labour from? At the moment the developed EU countries that have been in it for a while rely heavily on those very countries for the supply of cheap labour to enable them to maximise profits which then benefits the EU as a whole. People are predicting the same sort of effect in the UK because of Brexit and that lack of cheap labour coming here. Acording to wiki the twelve new member states of the European Union have enjoyed a higher average percentage growth rate than their elder members of the EU, and that will inevitably have an effect.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if some of those once poor countries then decide they also want to leave.

So based on your crystal ball predictions I should agree that making Britain poorer and disrupting the lives of future generations is a good idea.

This is coming from Brexiters who can’t even plan for tomorrow but somehow know the whole future of the EU

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

So based on your crystal ball predictions I should agree that making Britain poorer and disrupting the lives of future generations is a good idea.

This is coming from Brexiters who can’t even plan for tomorrow but somehow know the whole future of the EU

you have not been round the UK food industry , distribution and logistics warehousing were up to 90 percent are agency EU workers

5 hours ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

We don't have OPEN BORDERS ?

You having a laugh ?

No, we certainly don't.

As someone who probably travels more than anyone else on this thread, only the US and Israel are more difficult to get into than the UK and at least I am a foreigner in those two countries. 🙄

23 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

My post was in reply to what you asked and is a fairly measured response to what will probably happen in the future. So I ask you now, where will that cheap labour that the developed countries now rely on come from once the unemployed from the underdeveloped new-ish members start drying up. Think on because when it does happen it will actually affect the lives of the future generations more as its them that will have to cope with the effects. The present system of getting poorer countries to join so as to use its unemployed as cheap labour is unsustainable.

Edited by apelike

6 hours ago, apelike said:

My post was in reply to what you asked and is a fairly measured response to what will probably happen in the future. So I ask you now, where will that cheap labour that the developed countries now rely on come from once the unemployed from the underdeveloped new-ish members start drying up. Think on because when it does happen it will actually affect the lives of the future generations more as its them that will have to cope with the effects. The present system of getting poorer countries to join so as to use its unemployed as cheap labour is unsustainable.

The system isn’t getting ‘poorer’ countries in, it is designed to get European countries in. The UK was the one pushing to change that agenda because Boris (that great ‘Leaver’) has ties with Turkey.

the expansion of the EU isn’t about cheap labour, that is just what the UK benefitted from. The expansion of the EU is about stability and increasing economic prowess in a global market. Although interestingly the latter point was (again) made prominent by that other famous UK politician: Maggie Thatcher.