The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

You’re returning to the start of your argument, not mine. Read the posts connected to the post you replied to and debate properly by telling me how many migrants are entering the EU now.

I don't need to tell you anything.  It's a fact the 2015 summer migrant crisis happened between  David Cameron winning the 2015 General Election and the 2016 EU referendum vote.  I believe because of that migrant crisis and the actions of Angela Merkel more people voted to leave the EU than would have, if the migrant crisis had never happened.  It's irrelevant how many migrants are entering the EU now because the democratic UK people voted in 2016 to leave the EU.  If you don't believe the 2015 summer EU migrant crisis had any effect on how some people decided to vote in the 2016 EU referendum vote, then say so.  

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

The right wing press are always conjuring up a "migrant crisis" - with the help of some elements in the Tory party. Look no further than the "crisis" that is the "influx of boat people from France".

During the Blair government there was hardly a day went past without some sort of headline about "bogus asylum seekers" or similar.

The right wing press didn't conjure up the 2015 summer EU migrant crisis.  It really did happen.

Edited by Lockdoctor

8 hours ago, apelike said:

My post was in reply to what you asked and is a fairly measured response to what will probably happen in the future. So I ask you now, where will that cheap labour that the developed countries now rely on come from once the unemployed from the underdeveloped new-ish members start drying up. Think on because when it does happen it will actually affect the lives of the future generations more as its them that will have to cope with the effects. The present system of getting poorer countries to join so as to use its unemployed as cheap labour is unsustainable.

If we Brexit it is going to come from Commonwealth countries most likely. We’ll still need the same numbers. Incoming workers will still cluster into the same industries and places.

Its almost like you lot are manufacturing your next hate targets.

10 hours ago, L00b said:

You seem to have missed the balance of 4,500-odd EU laws, which the UK happily endorsed.

What's those 72 'forced' ones, relative to that balance , as a percentage?

Can't be ar5ed calculating it for you, just look at the pie chart. Second post in the Twitter thread, one down from the first one you saw, so you don't have to suffer much more condescension.

You're most welcome ;)

We can enact those on our own parliament though can't we. No need for a European one.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, we certainly don't.

As someone who probably travels more than anyone else on this thread, only the US and Israel are more difficult to get into than the UK and at least I am a foreigner in those two countries. 🙄

Try having a spouse from a non-EU country and anyone will see that the idea we have open borders is absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

We can enact those on our own parliament though can't we. No need for a European one.

We’d have to formulate all of the legislation ourselves, or just swallow it as-is from the EU.

If we formulate our own legislation then it risks divergence that could lead to trade disputes, and other disputes. And you would need an arbiter for those disputes. Don’t mention the ECJ :)

It also opens up our parliament to influence from outside parties.

In many ways the current situation is easier. All the heavy lifting is done in a shared way through the EU. It also makes it easy to converge on standards and frameworks, which countries that trade with the EU also need to converge on.

Once again, you are just proving you don’t know what the EU is or what it does

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

If we Brexit it is going to come from Commonwealth countries most likely. We’ll still need the same numbers. Incoming workers will still cluster into the same industries and places.

Its almost like you lot are manufacturing your next hate targets.

Worse though, immigrants from the commonwealth countries will most likely not even be white.  Oh the horror.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't need to tell you anything.  It's a fact the 2015 summer migrant crisis happened between  David Cameron winning the 2015 General Election and the 2016 EU referendum vote.  I believe because of that migrant crisis and the actions of Angela Merkel more people voted to leave the EU than would have, if the migrant crisis had never happened.  It's irrelevant how many migrants are entering the EU now because the democratic UK people voted in 2016 to leave the EU.  If you don't believe the 2015 summer EU migrant crisis had any effect on how some people decided to vote in the 2016 EU referendum vote, then say so.  

The right wing press didn't conjure up the 2015 summer EU migrant crisis.  It really did happen.

It really did happen yes.

T

he number of deaths at sea rose to record levels in April 2015, when five boats carrying almost 2,000 migrants to Europe sank in the Mediterranean Sea, with a combined death toll estimated at more than 1,200 people.[27] The shipwrecks took place in a context of ongoing conflicts and refugee crises in several Asian and African countries, which increased the total number of forcibly displaced people worldwide at the end of 2014 to almost 60 million, the highest level since World War II.[28][29]

2 hours ago, woodview said:

We’d have to formulate all of the legislation ourselves, or just swallow it as-is from the EU.

If we formulate our own legislation then it risks divergence that could lead to trade disputes, and other disputes. And you would need an arbiter for those disputes. Don’t mention the ECJ :)

It also opens up our parliament to influence from outside parties.

In many ways the current situation is easier. All the heavy lifting is done in a shared way through the EU. It also makes it easy to converge on standards and frameworks, which countries that trade with the EU also need to converge on.

Once again, you are just proving you don’t know what the EU is or what it does

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Hardly, since the sole purpose of EU laws is to harmonise legislation across 28 jurisdictions, towards a level socio-economic playing field within the EU: that's the very purpose of the European Parliament. And last I checked, the UK's sovereignty doesn't extend over that respective of the other 27 members (who are equally, and individually, sovereign)

I think we're yet again putting the finger on the problem of (some? many?) Leavers, here: their biggest problem with the EU, is that the UK is not in charge of it :D

No biggie anyway: after Brexit you won't have to legislate, for UK plc to maintain the required degree of compliance for accessing the EU markets. UK plc will just continue maintaining it of their own motion (only, without the benefit of national self-interest moderating by UK MEPs, UK commissioner, courts/lobbyists anymore...hey-ho).

In international trade (and particularly compliance) circles across the globe, that EU compliance-tracking is called the 'Brussels effect'. Maybe look it up :)

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Worse though, immigrants from the commonwealth countries will most likely not even be white.  Oh the horror.

This is something which many leave supporters who voted for purely racist reasons will be very upset about. We need immigrants in the UK and all Brexit will do is replace white Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians with brown and black Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and West Africans.

As Homer Simpson says "Doh! 😡"