The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not been reading the thread then about a shortage of supply of cheap labour!!!!

I remind you of posts 1088 and 1089

If that happens then we wont need any people from the Commonwealth countries to do the work.. :huh:

Yes, but it’s not just agricultural labour. 

44 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

British soldiers often wear NATO or UN patches. We often have foreign forces - American, Canadian, German personnel - over here working along side their British counter parts. I really don't see why we should be fearful, certainly when you consider we are 20%, give or take, short on manpower. And that's before we start looking at equipment we don't have - aircraft carriers with out aircraft for example. Most European armed forces are in a similar state I'd guess.

But surely the Union Jack, denoting that those troops are British, is still present along with the NATO or UN patches, whereas the EU badge competey replaced the Union Jack badges on the recent training exercise I mentioned earlier, which would denote that these are EU troops rather than British troops.

I find this absolutely extraordinary, British troops marching under a flag that is not the union jack. 

Edited by Hots on

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not been reading the thread then about a shortage of supply of cheap labour!!!!

I remind you of posts 1088 and 1089

If that happens then we wont need any people from the Commonwealth countries to do the work.. :huh:

Sorry, you missed the point - Mogg and Johnson are fans of having trade agreements with Commonwealth countries, India, for one, is very happy to agree: provided that the UK allows Indian immigration.

23 minutes ago, apelike said:

But will they come all the way here on a seasonal basis to pick fruit and veg? 

Not quite: they'll be imported by established or ethnic gangmasters paying them the same IN/PK going rate here, and piling them 30 to a terraced house for the duration. Which they can do up between shifts or in winter months.

Obscene profits, even after shipping costs. Current illegal slave trafficking practices made legal, basically.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

British soldiers often wear NATO or UN patches. We often have foreign forces - American, Canadian, German personnel - over here working along side their British counter parts. I really don't see why we should be fearful, certainly when you consider we are 20%, give or take, short on manpower. And that's before we start looking at equipment we don't have - aircraft carriers with out aircraft for example. Most European armed forces are in a similar state I'd guess.

That's a reason why you think it's a good idea. The thing is, we are being told an EU army doesn't exist, there were lots of news stories late last year about the proposal to form one. It needs discussion and agreement, as it is a major change in what is supposed to be a socioeconomic organisation.

Is it just being formed by the backdoor instead?

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

That's a reason why you think it's a good idea. The thing is, we are being told an EU army doesn't exist, there were lots of news stories late last year about the proposal to form one. It needs discussion and agreement, as it is a major change in what is supposed to be a socioeconomic organisation.

Is it just being formed by the backdoor instead?

It's not an EU army though is it? It's European forces sharing equipment, like when we gave the French a lift into Mali a few years back.

Edited by tinfoilhat

30 minutes ago, Hots on said:

But surely the Union Jack, denoting that those troops are British, is still present along with the NATO or UN patches, whereas the EU badge competey replaced the Union Jack badges on the recent training exercise I mentioned earlier, which would denote that these are EU troops rather than British troops.

I find this absolutely extraordinary, British troops marching under a flag that is not the union jack. 

I honestly cant remember if the union Jack was present - although I don't think it was, I'm not sure it ever is, I  thought it was just the regimental badge and this UN patch replaced that. I'm not and have never been in the army so I don't know. I was vaguely surprised when i saw it  but not very.

13 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's not an EU army though is it? It's European forces sharing equipment, like when we gave the French a lift into Mali a few years back.

I think it's more established as a joint operation than that. Have a google of eurofor and common security and defence policy.

Let the job losses begin. 

Mr Enders said: "Please don't listen to the Brexiteers' madness which asserts that, because we have huge plants here, we will not move and we will always be here. They are wrong."

That’s Airbus responding to a no Brexit deal. 6000 jobs in Wales at risk due to this. Oh well, serves them right I suppose. 

Dyson, strong supporter of brexit, moving his headquarters to Singapore, which happens to have a trade deal with the EU, meaning his company will still have direct access...

He won't personally suffer from the brexit he supported and lied about, but many people will.