The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

6 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Everyone will have to pay for the stupidity of the majority then won’t they?

I’ll be looking after myself and I am safe from all this. 

Same here. My whole family is insulated from whatever happens now.

People might talk about wilfully damaging the middle classes and the rich, but those groups are the ones best equipped to ride this out.

It’s poorer people who are going to be destroyed. 

32 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Leavers don’t care about that.

Its not even clear what they want

Quite a few journalists have wondered this, some seem to think that even though many will suffer economically, there will be some at the top of the pile, who could make a quick killing. It's called 'disaster capitalism'

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/02/08/2198570/jacob-rees-moggs-huge-personal-windfall-after-brexit/

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/09/mystic-mogg-jacob-rees-mogg-willam-predicts-brexit-plans

It doesn't surprise me that he wants to **** everything up to make even more money, but the cleverest thing about it, is that the people who stand to lose the most are cheerleading the whole process! 

I'm sure that if Jacob Rees Mogg didn't have a plummy accent, the working classes wouldn't be so mesmerised by him :nod: 

Edited by Mister M

3 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Let the job losses begin. 

Mr Enders said: "Please don't listen to the Brexiteers' madness which asserts that, because we have huge plants here, we will not move and we will always be here. They are wrong."

That’s Airbus responding to a no Brexit deal. 6000 jobs in Wales at risk due to this. Oh well, serves them right I suppose. 

He goes on to say:

"Of course, it is not possible to pick up and move our large UK factories to other parts of the world immediately. However, aerospace is a long-term business and we could be forced to re-direct future investments in the event of a no-deal Brexit. And make no mistake there are plenty of countries out there who would love to build the wings for Airbus aircraft."

This will be the case for many large manufacturers, particluarly cars.... ultimately, they'll be going. Personally, I think they'll be going no matter what now.

No-deal Brexit puts Bentley's return to profit at risk:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-bentley-exclusive-idUKKCN1PG1W5

I'll wager they're thinking the same thing. Brexit makes a move to the continent a real possibility.

Suspect we'll be seeing a lot more over the coming months.

Just watched vox-pop, in the street style public interviews on the TV about what the various Brexit terminology means.

Only 1 person actually knew what they all meant, staggeringly, at least half had no idea what "no-deal" meant and several thought it means remaining! :?

The people of Northern Ireland don't want a hard border.

The people of the Irish Republic don't want a hard border.

The people of the UK don't want a hard border.

Only the EU wants a hard border, no matter if it brings back the long war.

The European Project in fact demands a hard border. Reason enough not to be a member of the EU.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The European Project in fact demands a hard border. Reason enough not to be a member of the EU.

Your lack of understanding is hilarious. Do you know how much sense you didn’t make?

Edited by ez8004

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

How can we leave the EU, no longer be part of the free movement area and NOT have a border?

23 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

A No Deal Brexit is now the most popular option.

Let's do this!

No it isn't.  It could only possibly be popular who totally lack an understanding of what it means.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

We will be losing the £60-£80 million per year that the Dyson Corporation paid in tax.

And that's the direct tax paid.

We will also be losing the jobs for the people that they employed.  Which means losing the income tax that those people paid, the spending in the local and wider economy that those people made and the VAT that they paid.

We'll also lose the corporation tax from the many suppliers to Dyson that will no longer make that profit, and chances are that they'll end up laying people off as well due to the loss of business, so see above for the people who are no longer employed throughout the supply chain to Dyson.